cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current date/time formatting rules Agentry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i'm trying to capture the current date and time in a transaction screen, so the property gets filled with this date/time in the correct format.

For instance, time is saved as HH:mm, but I can't seem to get this working with the rule editor.

It always gives me the HH:mm:ss format..

This is one of my unsuccessful tries:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you elaborate on what you are looking to accomplish?

Are you looking to have a datetime property on your transaction that is set to the current date and time when the transaction starts? applies? or are you trying to set a String property to the HH:MM value of the current date and ime?

Is this value dispalyed on the transaction screen or just stored in the property?  Just trying to understand what you are looking to do.

Thanks,

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm looking to set a string property in the hh:mm format of the current time

But also a separate string property in the yyyy-mm-dd format of the current date.

So 2 separate properties that are hidden fields in a transaction screen.

When the user opens this screen, the current date and current time are stored with that transaction without the user being bothered with this.

It's in the context of creating a local order on the client without internet connection.

So of the user adds an order (opens the transaction screen), he can give in the local order details (street, contact name, ;..) and the current date is stored along with the current time.

This works except the format of the time for instance keeps being hh:mm:ss (which is badly handled in sorting and sending back to SAP)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If I understand you correctly you want two string properties containing the formatted string version of the current date and time?

I was able to get the forrmatting to work by adding two string properties to one of my transactions with each property being set to an initial value of Rule - before data entry.

Attached are screen shots of my two properties and the associated rules. I tried inserting but am having trouble so hopefully they will attach as expected. When the transaction started the properties are set to the corresponding values as expected.

Hope this helps!

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, this worked indeed.

My properties were time format, changing to string format solved it..

Answers (0)