cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI integration with Non SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am new to SAP PI integration, Currently we are integrating the NON SAP dotnet system with SAP PI.

The Non SAP system holds the Inventory data, that we need to retrieve via SAP PI and update the MM module.

The scenario is to fetch the Inventory data from NON SAP system and plot the same data to SAP MM module.

For the above said scenario, is bapi_goodsmvt_getitems is right fit for integration?

Please suggest

Thanks and Regards,

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thank you for all your supports.

We have configured the SOAP adapter to send the request to the webservice ( which is outside of the SAP Landscape).  The webservice is built on SOAP 1.2 Protocal.

While sending the request from the Component motioring page we are getting the  time out exception , Please find the attached image for the exception.

Please suggest me how to solve this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Message protocal supported by SAP PI is SOAP 1.1 (You can check this in channel).

Can you check if you are able to ping (reach) the webserver from PI. You can check this usinf SM49 tx.

-Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh

The message protocol needs to be SOAP 1.1. The error is happening because your web server is not able to connect with your PI server.

Please check the network team to resolve the firewall issue. In the mean time you can continue with your testing with SOAP UI.

Generate the WSDL from sender agreement or ICO and use the same in SOAP UI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>For the above said scenario, is bapi_goodsmvt_getitems is right fit for integration?

I guess u can use "BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE", but it's better to cross check with MM consultant.

>>The scenario is to fetch the Inventory data from NON SAP system and plot the same data to SAP MM module

The best way to ask third party system to push data otherwise u have to do some workarounds (depending upon ur sender system protocol) to achieve ur req .

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

You mean to create application in Dotnet using the SAP webservice to push the data ?

Is that not possible to request the Dotnet webservice from SAP PI using WS Navigator?

Thanks and Regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>You mean to create application in Dotnet using the SAP webservice to push the data ?

IMO, that's the best design. Let sender application push the data as and when they want to...

Create source structure in PI for sender non sap system and once u r done with ur configurations in PI (for SOAP-PI-RFC scenario) then generate WSDL file and provide the same to ur sender system. They will consume it and push data to SAP PI.

>>Is that not possible to request the Dotnet webservice from SAP PI using WS Navigator?

Using WS Navigator it's not possible.

The only issue with this kind of approach is the triggering point (which will initiate call from PI) to get the inventory data from sender application. So if u know when to initiate the interface from PI to get the inventory data then half of your job is done.

So one of the workrounds would be - u can schedule ur interface using dummy file that PI can poll at a frequent time interval and then using soap lookup inside message mapping u can ping WS (exposed by dotnet application and obviously that has be sync in nature) and then map the response back to SAP structure. Now the disadvantage is what will u do if no data is available in sender system?

OR

You can split your requirements into two interfaces. In first part u can make a call to non sap system and get back the data and create a file with the response on some temporary location (NFS) and then ur second interface will be response file to RFC.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh -

As per the attached image, i see that you mentioned SAP PI requests for inventory data.

It depends on what kind of adapter you are choosing.

As per my knowledge you will be using soap adapter(webservice) option to fetch the data from .net application. Unfortunately soap adapter doesn't support poling mechanism.

Your sender system has to call soap adapter.

As i suggested earlier - please refer to below blog to know more information on integrating .net application.

http://scn.sap.com/people/rajasekhar.reddy14/blog/2011/09/28/how-to-integrate-net-microsoft-applicat...