SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Creation Error

former_member183148
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

While using Tcode: PIQSTC (create student record) and while saving after updating tabs , we are getting error as" You cannot create a vendor with Grouping 09" and does not allow to save.

Referring some discussion on SCN I changed the configurations setting still I have same error. Am I doing some thing wrong? Please advice how to fix it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Suresh;

Did you flag the standard grouping option in Define Groupings and Assign Number Ranges for 09 from the business partner settings?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Suresh;

Did you flag the standard grouping option in Define Groupings and Assign Number Ranges for 09 from the business partner settings?

0 Kudos

I did it just now Rob and checked. It gives me same error. Any thing else for me to try?

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Some suggestions:

• Please run the folllowing transaction and check which items missed configuration; PIQCHKSTMASTER

• Please make sure your BP Grouping assignment is set to internal and not to external

• Please also check if you student nr assignment is set to N in Define Method for Student Number Assignment

• Please also check if you have correctly maintained the number ranges for the internal (assumption) number assignment in Standard Functions for Assignment of Student Numbers

• Please check if there is no incorrect badi activated in Badi HRPIQ00_ST_Number

0 Kudos

Rob,

I checked and every thing seems to be in place.

Is there some other way to get out of this? any pre configured transport files(cofiles or data)? all I need is to create some functionality.  I already tried 2 times by now configuring this from scratch.

Thanks,

Kolusu

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please check the CVI master data settings; it could be that some of the routined in the BP component related with CVI is active and its giving an error while creating student .

The BP also has CVI routines called in the BDT events and this is giving the error. So please check if you use the CVI mapping else you can inactivate the FM calls for vendor integration.

Good luck!

Rob

0 Kudos

Rob,

Merry Christmas!

Requesting to copy some screen shots where to check from and how the settings are supposed to be. It helps others too as it is looks like a common error.

Thanks for response on Christmas evening Rob     !

Thanks,

Kolusu

former_member183148
Contributor
0 Kudos

Some one please throw some light I am stuck here

Suresh; did you already run a debug session? If so what is the outcome? Can you take a look at this with your developer collegian? Did you also check the CVI master data settings? Did you create a whole new BP master data setup for SLcM from scratch?

If you cannot find the root issue and if no other collegians here on the SCN have any suggestion I suggest you create an OSS message on component IS-HER-CM.

Kind regards

Rob