Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic TO is not Triggered Using WMTA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

I have an Issue in our production server ,

We have automated the Delivery & Auto TO process .

IDEAL CASE :

---------------------->

The process is , for Every SO [ Sale order ]  we receive from the DMS system [Dealers management System]  into SAP system

A batch program is designed , which will pick those SO and create Auto Deliveries , While Creating the Deliveries , the Picking is made Automatic the Message "WMTA" is triggered and the Auto TO is successful .

ISSUE :

-------------------->

But currently only for 95% case , this Auto TO is happening successfully ,

5% of the cases are failing , though the WMTA is triggered sucessfully ,But Auto TO is not created

But when we manually insert this WMTA , the TO is triggered .

And by using subsequent function am able to create the TO .

May i know , anything we are missing ? to miss that Auto TO option !

Thanks !

Rgds

Maniarasu.N

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What error is in the mail for those 2 cases?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen

Sorry for late Update ..

For the Two cases , I didn't find any specific Info .

But i tried to create Manually the TO was created ,

In LS24 , I found Enough amount of available stocks present from Jan-2013 .

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

For Warehouse number  PLC

Error during creation of transfer order for delivery 0040046472

Time: 21:32:19

WNo  DelNumber  Item   Material           Plnt Batch      Open qty        UoM To number

PLC 40046472   000060 A.400.466.05.04    6369              5.000  PC  0000191164

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By pressing 'Ctrl + F6', you can directly trigger subsequent processing

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks

Rgds

Maniarasu.N

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

some errors are just valid for this very moment when SAP process this WMTA. you get the mail, try it manually and everything works.

The problem is that you do not have a snapshot of the whole situation from this second when the WMTA failed. It could be that a user was in change mode in a transaction, it could be that another TO was not confirmed in that moment, but got the confirmation 2 seconds later.

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

That's the reason SAP has suggested to use background job for WMTA output. You can also find same in OSS note.

Thanks and Best OF Luck!!

Milind Chaudhari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

FYI ...

As Mr. Jürgen  advised , I tried to configure the Mail Trigger Event ,

I got around 19 mails last week !

When i tried to create manually , the error  was mostly due to failure in source bin findings!

But 2 cases were Exceptional , The " WMTA" message was in Green [ Sucess ]

Stock was perfectly available in WM/IM , still the Auto TO failed ???

When i tried manually , it was perfect . The user wants to freeze this case .

Is there any program , like Mr.Milind mentioned to re-run the failed case of auto-to ?

Thanks

Rgds

Maniarasu.N

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there can be various reasons for a failure of TO creation through WMTA, e.g. no quant in the storage type, not the right quality, quant locked by user. TO for putaway not confirmed ....

Setup the mail for error cases, those mails can tell you the exact reason.

See details in KBA 1756674 - WMTA output shows as processed but no transfer order was created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen

Yes configured the mail alert , will monitor for a week and will find for any Log !

It is happening for only random cases , All master seems to be perfect ?

Will update the findings .

Thanks

Rgds

Maniarasu.N

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

From your description it seems that, when you create the TO manually or you process the output manually then TO gets created. It means there should not be any issue of configuration. This is known issue and often occurs whenever you process large number of TOs in the back ground. My suggestions are as below. I am sure your issue will be resolved.

(1)  As SAP suggest, "If you are facing locking issues or often failing the immediate output due to some issues then additionally you can set the program RSNAST0D  with selection type 3 – error processing as background mode". It means let the system create immediate TO as per your setting but additionally, set the back ground job scheduling with program RSNAST0D. In case TO fails to create because of failed output WMTA- red flag, the program will make sure to process unprocessed Out put. You can set the job scheduled with say interval 5 or 10 mins.

(2) Mail alert will  additionally provide you the reason of failed TOs. You can take the corrective actions if any configuration is missing. 

BEST OF LUCK!

Milind Chaudhari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Pls check condition records are maintained correctly, means required delivery type/shipping point combinations to trigger auto T.O.

Failing deliveries may be unable to find condition records.

Regards,

Krishna.