cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forward Auction in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I have been trying to find some discussion or document in SDN for sometime on the enhancements we need to do for forward auction in SRM.

Has anyone touched upon this area in their implemenations? I am sure some of you must have.

Can help me implement this for a customer of mine?

Regards

SRM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Which auction tool is your client is planning to implement/use

SAP SRM Live Auction Cockpit (LAC)

ESourcing

Ariba

SAP SRM Live Auction Cockpit only supports reverse auction, there is no option of forward auction, however there is one auction called Dutch Auction which can be considered as forward auction, where you need to give a start price, with time and price increment. bidding gets started wtih the start price based on time duration and with sepcific price increment, if no bid provided in this time duration the price automatically goes up by the price increment.The bidder who will first submit the bid will be the winner, and the auction is closed at that point.

LAC can be integrated with other SRM compenents

Esourcing provides both forward and reverse auction, also the latest version provide integration with SRM.

Ariba provides for both forward and reverse auction also provides full sourcing option.

Regards,

Abhishek

Message was edited by: Laure Cetin Please do not ask for points on SCN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhisek,

Thanks a lot for the explanation. Yes I could see some blogs about esourcing and I could understand this supports Forward Auction.

In my current landscape I have LAC (SRM 7 ehp2) where my customer has requested us to implement Forward Auction.

I know PSUs in India where Fwd Auction is implemented on LAC but as I understand this has been done with some enhnacements.

How will Dutch Auction work in this case. Can it give me an H1 instead of L1. Also how about the rest of the design? I mean how can this transaction be lead to a Sales Document in ECC?

Your help on this will be highly appreciable.

Regards

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey

Can you try checking this compatibility with SAP CRM as I read that it is capable for Forward auction.

Please also check the below links for your ref and let me know your comments ,

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/29/0471403017587ee10000000a155106/content.htm

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/cc/498f404880b118e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

I am not much of a CRM guy but looking at the links you forwarded...it speaks about CRM integration with eBay. This has nothing to do in SRM.

Regards