cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect WBS number determined in SD Contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have configured our system such that when a material is added in the contract, WBS (level 1) gets created for each material in contract. These WBS are then assigned to the main project.

I have a contract with a material in line item 10 and its wbs is ABD-Contract no- Line item no (10)

Similarly for material in line item 20 of contract its WBS is ABD-Contract no- line item (20)

Both the above WBS has been closed and its current status is CLSD.

Now when i try to add a new line item in contract (line item 30), the system is determining the WBS element no. as ABD-contrac no- line item no 20. and the system is giving error as "System status CLSD is active for WBS ABD-Contract no- Line item 20

Can anyone tell me why the system is determining the WBS of line item 20 when i try to add new material to line item 30. Ideally the WBS should have been ABD-Contractno - Line item no 30

Any inputs on this?

Thanks

Regards,

Dhwni Patel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am closing this question as this was the only case and we never came across such issue again.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check that there is no master data/field is missing to be entered for line item 20.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks

All the required data has been entered.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Regards,

Dhwni

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure that this WBS ,line item 30 is not coming under WBS,line item 20.

As, I just checked in my system and found the similar error .So,please check.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you elaborate? I didnt get your point

-Dhwni

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please make sure that that WBS for line item 30 is not getting created under WBS for line item 20.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

The WBS element created for line item 20 is already closed.

Any suggestions?

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. For that reason only I asked you to check the assigned account assignment of WBS of line item 30.

Anyway, please run the program CNSTATUS in SE38  for the concerned project and check again .

Also, please replicate the same scenario in testing server and make the WBS-lineitem 20 as non-closed and then create line item 30 and check the created WBS and its account assignment is a parent WBS (item 20) or not.