cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xi_idoc_default_destination in NWA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Could you share the information about configuration for IDOC_AAE adapter using at sender side in PI7.31.

Steps performed by me:

In Prod system:

• Have created a destination XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION_VTP(VTP is my system id) in PI in NWA..., which is pointing to sender system(which is sending the idoc).
  • Have given XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION_VTP in RFC destination at ECC side.
  • In inboundRA.....in program id i have given above destination, local value equal to true, as we are using SNC, have given path in snclibpath....snc=true.
  • In destination name have given XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION.
  • But we are getting error program id is not registered when checking the connection from ECC.

In Quality system:

• All above are maintained.In addition below are also maintained.
  • Destination XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION_PID is maintained with value in Destination field=.XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION
  • Destination XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION is pointing to sender ECC system
  • In inboundRA in programid it is given XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION_VTQ(since system id is VTQ) but no destination is maintained with XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION_VTQ in quality system.
  • In inboundRA in multirepository field they have given PID=XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION_PID
  • Connection is successful.
  • In quality configuration was done by previous colleagues but they are not available now.

Queries:

1. Generally,  where this destination XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION needs to be pointing to?
  2. Do we need to have this destination also XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION_PID. if so, where this needs to be point.
  3. What value needs to be present exactly in multi repository path, what is the use case?
  4. I have read all the blogs regarding this topic and tried all the combinations but not successful.
  5. Can any one please explain in detail regarding the inboundRA parameters...default destination....

Regards,

Ch.Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>In destination name have given XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION.

Instead of above name try to use XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION_VTP and then check?

or you can also create a RFC destination with name "XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION" pointing to ECC system and then use this name under NWA -> destination name

>>Generally,  where this destination XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION needs to be pointing to?

Application system for instance ECC

>>Do we need to have this destination also XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION_PID. if so, where this needs to be point.

I am not sure why u have created this destination? To which system this destination is pointing to?

>>What value needs to be present exactly in multi repository path, what is the use case?

To retrieve idoc metadata from apllication system we need to create a RFC destination in NWA (pointing to that SAP system) and then provide the same under multi repository path. U can add multirepository destination separated by semicolon (;)

>>Can any one please explain in detail regarding the inboundRA parameters...default destination....

Check this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/c2/91865252c84716b3b8be394851c9c0/frameset.htm

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

Thanks.

So what i understood is that, we need to maintain below configurations

inboundRA:

• In inboundRA, give a program id XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION_VTP.
  • Create a destination with same name XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION_VTP, which points to sender ECC system or create a destination XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION, which points to sender ECC system and give it in "destination" field above inboundRA.

Then if i want to configure more than one sender ECC system.....how to proceed....do i need to create different inboundRA's for each customer/sender ECC system.

if that is the case XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION is not useful since it is pointing to first sender ECC system right?....

Could you please check.

Regards,

Ch.Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>Then if i want to configure more than one sender ECC system.....how to proceed....do i need to create different inboundRA's for each customer/sender ECC system

Yes, the cleaner way is to create multiple inbound resource adapters (one for each client/system)

But having said so, i have noticed that u can receive idocs from different SAP systems/clients into PI as long as ur default inboundRA under NWA is working fine (no matter to which client the destination given under inboundRA is pointing to) but the only point u need to make sure that u have provided correct multirepository destination under NWA. So if u want to receive idocs from 2 different clients then u have to provide multirepository path  for both the clients (separated by semicolon).

It's just an observation so u can cross check that? and if it doesn't work then create multiple inboundRAs.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

Two more queries from my side:

Case 1:

If we create different inboundRA for each customer.

For inboundRA:

• I give program id
  • Destination(destination pointing to sender ECC).

do i need to maintain it in multi repository too? or will it take by default?

Case 2:

could you please let me know the name to be given in the field "Ack Destination" in sender communication channel.

is it destination created in pi pointing to sender ECC?

or

is it destination created at ECC system pointing to PI?

Regards,

Ch.Venkat.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

Here the steps that you need to configure for sender adapter

Go to NWA->Configuration->Connectivity->Destination

Create a new destination XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION_VTP

2. Go to NWA->Configuration->Infrastructure->Application Resource

Search by inboudRA

Choose the resource adapter one

Go to properties tab and configure the following

3. Create a RFC destination of type TCP IP (T ) using SM59 in ECC and select the Registered Server program option.

Use the same program id that you have mentioned in NWA

4.Create the communication channel in PI

Let me know if you face any issues or not.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat - Further you can further refer to below blogs and validate your configurations.

Step by step explanation with screenshots -

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-34155

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2010/10/21/pixi-pi-73-new-java-based-idoc-ad...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hareesh,

In the document http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-34155, it is given to create two destinations

• XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION-> which is pointing to sender system and it needs to be given in "destination" field in inboundRA.
  • XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION_ECC-> which also points same to sender ECC system, to transport metadata.

Why can't we use same destination  XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION for transporting metadata also.

Could you please let me know this.

Regards,

Ch.venkat.