cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS <-> KPRO - (ABAP)

0 Kudos

Hi All.

I know DMS sits above KPRO .

The problem is how do I connect a document allready in KPRO, I can read it and get link it to DMS ??

I currently found an awkward solution: I get the document from KPRO as a stream save it to the application server file system and then call BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2.

It seems as if there must be a way to build a DMS link directly .

The final result should be as if I used tcode CV01n.

I found a FM cv222_create_doc which seems as if could provide solution ( it has DIR and Kpro data) but didn't really found a way to use it.

Thanks

Ariel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ariel,

normally the connection between the document info record in DMS and the file on the KPRO is the LOIO- and PHIO-ID. The generated ID is stored in the relevant DMS database tables and is then used to find and download the file from the content server for display.

So I think that you need the ID of the existing file in the content server and then you have to use this

ID value with BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2 in table DOCUMENTFILES to create the required

connection. For further information on the BAPI behavior please see the attached documentation at note 766277. 

Unfortunately I cannot tell you that this will work for sure because I never had such a request before.

But maybe this information could be useful for you.

Best regards,

Christoph