Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CUA to LDAP AD integration - specifici AD group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are trying to integrate SAP CUA with AD via LDAP.  We want to integrate in such a way that the SAP CUA only reads/sync from an specific group in AD. The Active directory guy has told us that he will create an specific group "SAPUSERS" in Ad and then we from SAP CUA should be only reading users from this group and should not be reading/syncing from any other groups from AD.

Some please let us know how to read from an specific AD group only?

Regards,

Ahmad Quraishi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not familiar enough with CUA to specify exactly, but if you can set up an LDAP query on the CUA-AD connector, you can actually read all users who have a specific link to the AD group.  Something like:

(&(objectCategory=user)(memberOf=cn=SAPUSERS,ou=Groups,dc=domain))

WARNING: This is CASE SENSITIVE.

Hope that helps.

Peter

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not familiar enough with CUA to specify exactly, but if you can set up an LDAP query on the CUA-AD connector, you can actually read all users who have a specific link to the AD group.  Something like:

(&(objectCategory=user)(memberOf=cn=SAPUSERS,ou=Groups,dc=domain))

WARNING: This is CASE SENSITIVE.

Hope that helps.

Peter

0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Where in SAP CUA we can write such a query. Can you please guide?

Regards,

Ahmad

0 Kudos

Sorry Muhammad - my experience with CUA is near zero.  Perhaps someone else can assist.

Peter

0 Kudos

LDAP and CUA are two different subjects. They can work together but do not require each other.

To set up LDAP for user data synchronization I think this is a good starting point: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/48/74337175bb501ae10000000a42189b/content.htm?frameset=...

(SAP Help -> Identity Management -> Directory Services)

0 Kudos

Hi Ahmd,

The configuration file of LDAP connector is on LDAP side. Hope you can find something help as following link:

Configuring the LDAP Connector - Identity Management - SAP Library

Regards,

Candy