cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple GL account to be determined on the cash account procedure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I did the configuration for cash account determination and determine the cash account correctly. And now the accounting entry in the billing as the following:

dr. cash account.

cr. sales revenue.

I have another scenario where is the customer can pay $10 in cash. and $20 in credit card. I want the accounting to be posted as the following:

dr. cash $10

dr credit card account $20

cr. sales revenue $30

Any idea?

Regards,

Amr

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member212707
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Amr,

To achieve the above reqt, you need to maintain config for payment cards in SAP.

Goto SPRO,

SD>>Billing>>Payment Card>>Authorization & Settlement>>Maintain Clearing house>>Acct determination.

Assuming you have maintained all the reqd config for payment cards  (Card type definition, Merchant ID etc), you assign the GL account where you want the credit card amount to post. In your case that ll be the account for $20.

I would think the revenue account determination will take care of the $30 to be posted.

Thanks,
Ravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your comment.

But how can system will distinguish between the cash amount and amount paid by credit card?

Regards.

Amr

former_member212707
Active Participant
0 Kudos

At the time of your sales order creation, SAP will obtain an authorization for $20 on the card used, this authorization will be associated with a payment card plan number (VBAK-RPLNR) which flows onto the invoice. Each auth will be linked to a unique RPLNR on the order.

Now in your G/L account determination, you should assign different G/Ls  based on the card types (VISA, MC, etc). Having parameters based on the card types will help you control the postings for your amounts on sales order. So on the invoice the $20 is already linked to the credit card and this will post to the G/L accordingly.

As for the cash payment, your cash account determination will kick in and ensure that the $10 is posted to the cash accounts.

Hope this is clear,

Ravin