Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP and Afaria Configuration With Relay Server

former_member182329
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

For a demo purpose we have set up the SMP 2.3 on the same system where we have our ECC installed, Afaria on a different server and Relay server on DMZ with a public ip and port assigned to it.The issue for me is that.

1) I have configured the rs.config file with afaria server details in the back end server details part and also the SMP 2.3 server details in the same file.Now i was able to run the Rshost.exe via CMD an was able to create a relay server service using the rs.config file as its input.

2) But now i need to execute rsoe.exe on both Afaria and SMP 2.3 servers if i am not wrong.For that i have copied the outbound enabler folder from the afaria installation file to the respective server.And i also gave the Relay server details under the Server tab in the Afaria admin console and checked the tick box to start the outbound enabler every time afaria server starts.But my issue is when i try to start the rsoe.exe from CMD i get the below error.

3) Do i need to copy the OutoundEnabler folder to SMP 2.3 system also and try to do the same,cos in the sybase website i saw an option of regrelayserver.bat which can be used to create the outbound enabler service in SMP.In smp SCC i used the quick configure button in the relay server tab and after that i clicked on the generate button to create the rsoe.xml file which contains the settings needed for the the outbound enabler.

In the CMD command i gave the following " C:\SAP\MobilePlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\bin\regRelayServer.bat C:\SAP\MobilePlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\config\rsoeConfig.xml " but the command keeps on not getting accepted,it will simply shows me the help options of the regrelayserver in the CMD.

the page i refereed to is this : SyBooks Online

4) After configuring the relay server,the client wants some of the standard apps in SMP to be pushed via afaria and run it successfully.My doubt is that if i used on of the applications in sap store like for example leave request.And i gave the Relay Server IP and the FARM ID of the SMP control center in the application settings of the leaver request app in the mobile.Is there any further settings or installations required on the SMP 2.3 end like publishing of any apps similarly what we do with applications in SUP (we will be publishing the SUP apps to SMP server right,so does the standard apps also requires the same!!).

Thanks in Advance

Bince Mathew C

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you are going to configure the standard apps in a mobile connection to SAP via SMP+relay server the configurations has to be of relayserver (IP, farm), Before that you have to create a user in SMP server through SAP control center, that credentials has to be provided as login details (user and activation code).

In the standard apps you have an option for SSO (single sign on) too. In this case you don't need to create a user in SCC. The user can directly give his NW gateway username and password from mobile, that creates a user in SCC automatically. I hope the documentation for this will be available with the RDS document of the app. The extra step to be performed by you will be creating a new security profile in SCC for SSO. Hope that answers your question.

- Midhun VP