cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can GRC Access Request Management (ARM) replace CUA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

I know SAP GRC AC Access Request Management can almost replace CUA, for instance, I can create users or assign roles to users from a ARM system as we do in CUA. Till what extent can we replace? I like to know the differences, advantages and disadvantages?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Personally, I have the same impression about the future of CUA if Access Request Management is implemented in such a way where it basically can take care of all aspects that CUA had.

It really depends on if you are aiming to replace the GRC production system to provision and create the end user account against all the connected target systems (e.g. if the company only had 1 CUA system).

I have seen a 2-tier CUA set up against a 3-tier target system set up, i.e. CUA Development taking care of non-prod systems and CUA production taking care of production target system provisioning etc.

With the use of ARM, you could well remove the CUA set up if it can replicate all the capabilities CUA was providing. Also, many companies are pushing towards the implementation of SSO.

The ultimate aim in the future for many companies is to utilise tools like IDM to take care of provisioning across the whole landscape (SAP and non-SAP). GRC ARM capabilities is slowly pushing towards that with the advent of "business roles" etc.

Interested to know what others think about this topic also.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well..

its again depends how you design.. some company want to have CUA and some not.

example ; earlier we had a can have global composite in CUA ..can be used as Business role.

administration centralized ..same with ARM..

like wise personally CUA is outdated .but as again company matters depends upon thier comfort zone.

Regards,

Prasant