cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking a Line Item in Delivery Doc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement where i need to block a specific line item in delivery document before going to PGI.

The details are as follows.

1. I have created a sales order.

2. I have created a delivery document (PGI not completed)

3. Now i want a specific line item to be blocked or made inactive so that, PGI should not be done for that line item .

4. Rest of the document should be processed.

Please suggest what settings i need to do or any user exit should be used.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

I want to know one thing, Is your delivery means PGI date already fixed for each line item in the order?

Regards,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

If you dont want to PGI for a specific Line Item in Delivery, you have to remove that line Item from Delivery because PGI not done if any incomplition in Delivery.

Regards

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

can you elaborate on block a specific line item??

i.e. based in what criteria you want to block a line item?

regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

To do an PGI Delivery Qty. = Pick Qty.

We are also handling partial PGI scenario thru custom development and it works as :--

01. Check delivery  item level Pick Qty.

02. If pick qty is not equal to delivery qty than it will make delivery qty = Pick qty. ( For example line item delivery Qty is 10 and because of some issue you can pick only 8 than system will change qty 10 to 😎

03. This will ensure PGI.

04. Remaining / balance qty is updated in sales order open qty.. ( in above example 2 qty )

05. New delivery is created for the balance qty in next DDL.

Best Regards/Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is my requirement:

Price of products changes very frequently. So there is a requirement from client that after price is changed for the product invoice should be done with the new price only.

Hence we are working on that. As part of it, we came up with this scenario.

For example a Price for the Product "005" is changed and effective from 23.12.2013.

A delivery has been created on 20.12.2013 and PGI not done. It has list of all materials from 001 to 010 where only line item with product 005 should be blocked or stopped from going to PGI.

This deleting line item from delivery document cannot be a option for us as we cant check all the deliveries and do it manually.

Thats the reason we are looking for a block or user exit.

Please suggest any.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't you re-determine prices in billing --- this will ensure that only latest prices are fetched .

Best Regards/Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

based on your requirement i suggest For invoicing with the new prices is accomplished by using  the

1. Pricing procedure in Delivery level.

2. and for this maintain  Copying controls VTFL  use the Price Source " D-Delivery" and Pricing type as "B - Carry out new pricing".

by this automatically the new prices will be determined in to the billing document.

Regards,

Srinivas yadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas,

Thanks for your reply,

But as per client we have set the settings that price should flow only from Sales Order. In invoice or at delivery user should not redetermine the prices. so everything in Delivery and Invoice level will be in display mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prices will not be re-determined manually.

This will be automatic without any manual intervention.

Best Regards/Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this with copy controls...change pricing type to B and check whether it is working or not.

Regards,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Changing the pricing type in copy control might impact other working scenario.

Try changing the condition class to L - "generally new when copying" in condition type configuration( transaction code V/06). This will ensure new price of the specific condition get updated and without impacting others.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sudhir,

As you said; If we create order with 5 line items, created delivery for the same but not PGI'ed. But we don't have control to block delivery for 1 item and do delivery for rest 4. If we try to put delivery block in delivery document for single line item it applies to all the line items as we are blocking at header level. We don't have option to block at item level.

As Manikandan said PGI is not item wise rather its a document wise processing.

simple thing we can do in this case is we can delte 1 line item and do proccesing for the rest 4.

If there is any method to perform the requirement please post.

Regards

Srinivas

od_manikandan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai Sudhir,

I felt Partially delivery is possible - 10 items in sales order and DO (with PGI) made for 5 items

But not partially PGI, since PGI is not item wise in single delivery order.

Please check the thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/693333

If possible, explain the business requirement, since u plan to go for user exit some one can help doing that in sales order / delivery.

Regards,

OD