SAP for Wholesale Distribution Discussions
Orchestrate conversations about inventory management, logistics optimization, and streamlined customer service in wholesale distribution using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(HELP) Printing outbound delivery with remarks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, i just want to ask how to print delivery receipt (outbound) with coresponding remarks? because evertime i print the outbound delivery in VL02N and VL03N the remarks in print output is always blank. how can i fill up that with text when in need? can you please help me? please see attached file for my concern.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not see a response to your question so I apologize if I repeat any dialog you have already been involved in.

It sounds like TEXT CONTROL has not been defined for the Remarks you mention. Have a look in the IMG: Logistics Execution -> Shipping -> Basic Shipping Functions -> Text Control

The HELP documents for each configuration node describe what must be done. It is definitely possible to display REMARKS as you wish.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not see a response to your question so I apologize if I repeat any dialog you have already been involved in.

It sounds like TEXT CONTROL has not been defined for the Remarks you mention. Have a look in the IMG: Logistics Execution -> Shipping -> Basic Shipping Functions -> Text Control

The HELP documents for each configuration node describe what must be done. It is definitely possible to display REMARKS as you wish.

0 Kudos

Hello sir, ahm can i ask the TCODE of that transaction for displaying the remarks of the DR? thank you for your answer sir.

0 Kudos

The TCODE for the Implementation Guide (IMG) is SPRO.

The ability to display text on a document like the Delivery Receipt is controled by the configuration you define in TEXT CONTROL in the Shipping section of Logistics Execution. Are you familiar with the IMG?

Do you have any experience setting up TEXT CONTROL?

0 Kudos

hello sir, what do you mean in (IMG) the image that i attached?

i cant find the specific section in logistics execution, the menu is logistics execution > direct store deliver / inbound process / outbound process / internal whse / transportation / info system / master data.

in all folder, i cant see the basic shipping function and text control

and i have no experience in setting up TEXT CONTROL. pls help me to this, on how to have a remarks in printing of outbound delivery in VL03N TCODE.

0 Kudos

I cannot locate the image you mention but know that you and I are speaking about the same thing when we use the term IMG.

Can you send me an email with a Delivery Receipt document as an attachment so I have a better idea about what you wish to do? Please indicate where on the doucment you want the Remarks to appear.

Are Remarks "header" level or "line" level?

What is the document type for the DR?

Are you working in a customer system or an SAP sandbox? If it is a customer system, can you provide customer number, system id, and an open connection so I can logon to have a look?

If not, we should try to have an SAPCONNECT session together early next week.

I am in the US Central Time Zone. Where are you?

0 Kudos

good day sir here is the sample dr, as you can see the sales invoice number is hand written, i just want to do is print the sales invoice number to the dr not hand written but i dont know how to put in it..

the document type is ZHDR.

when i input the text in tcode VL02N then in the task menu, Go to and text, everytime i print it the text that i input is not appeared on the remarks. i want the remarks on line level.

i am working on the sales distribution company, so i dont know if i can give you the details about in our connection. i am from philippines sir.

0 Kudos

sir can i have your email address? i will email you there. thank you.

0 Kudos

My email address: edward.prezioso@sap.com

What version of SAP are you running? The IMG picture looks like R/3 rather than ECC . . .

I see that another colleague has provided instructions about how to print a DR. Those instructions are correct but the resulting output will only display the content that the system has been configured to provide.

It is the "content" that I hope to help you set up. The system cannot display the sales invoice number if it does not know you want it to display the sales invoice number. Text Control does this for us.

0 Kudos

hello sir, the sap version is SAP ERP Component version 5.0

there is an error last time in printing invoice thats why i choose to DR the SI number., i also want to input a remarks: refer to invoice number 801******* , but the remarks is not appeared in print output.

i dont know the process of Text Control, can you give me the step by step of text control?

thank you sir..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi. please help me again to my concern, i didnt solve my own problem about this. thank you for your help everyone.