cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Objects Admin Related tasks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I worked pretty much on BO development activities. Now, I got an opportunity to work on BO admin related tasks.

I am new to Business Objects Admin related tasks.  I read through the BO admin document from Help.sap.com and went through the SAP Help Docs. However, Complete workflow is not specified or may be i missed something.

Can you please provide me with the workflow for below BO Admin related queries.

1) I want to give access on WebI and DeskI(To create a report/Modify Report) for a single User, what is the Complete Workflow? and what all steps involved?

Please explain with step by step process?

2) I want to give access on WebI and DeskI(To create a report/Modify Report) for a 100 Users, what is the Complete Workflow? and what all steps involved? Is there any simple Method to grant access to 100 users at a time

Please explain with step by step process?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

SR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved to BI Platform

Also for future questions (and this one) it would be good to know what research you have done before posting your question.  Searching before posting is part of the SCN guidelines.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The process is quite large to be explained in details.. but everything is covered in Admin guide..

I will just outline the overall process briefly..Any specific please ask the specific question separately..

Create a group and add all the user to the group .. or you can have a Windows AD group created with all the 100 users and then import the group from CMC > Authentication

Application access:

Now go to the CMC> Application > Webi and grant all the access you want in webi

Same for Deski

Content Access:

Then the next step is to grant access to the group for the content .

Go to CMC > Folder > right click and select Assign secirity > and grant access to the group

You will need to make sure granting edit access and add object access for the folder

Data Access :

Go to CMC > Connection > grant access to retrieve data

Also grant the access similarly to the universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mishra,

I have a small question ? what is group hierarchy.

If we create 1 hierarchy with access of webi and deski, and if we move all 100 users into that hierarchy.

Is it ok ??

waiting for your answer. it will be helpful for me.

thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, you can do this. Create one Group and add all Users to it.

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sabastian,

Thanks for you reply. what is concurrent user and named user ? what is group hierarchy ?