cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get HWC username in workflow app - SUP 2.1.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, I am working on SUP 2.1.3 and while developing Workflow apps, I want to use HWC connection settings in my app i.e 'supusername' . As suggested in some of the posts http://scn.sap.com/thread/3297619.I tried using 'getURLParam('supusername') method to get username from HWC but in is not getting the username and instead showing me blank when I try to display.

Any suggestions, if anyone has gone through the same situation and found out the answer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Dan_vL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In Custom.js add the following alert statement in the method customAfterWorkflowLoad()

alert("The current user name is: " + supUserName);

I believe the value is available in a global variable named supUserName.

The following document may also be of some use

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-149768

Regards,

Dan van Leeuwen

former_member186566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anupriya,

I found solution for this post.

We had situation to pass username, Application name, Device name and its type etc to an operation. Do the below steps to pass these parameters.

1. Open the Workflow form editior.
  2. Select the screen in which you want to pass parameters in Flow Design.
  3. Open as Screen Design
  4. Select the required operation in Menu box.
  5. Goto the property screen -> Parameter mappings
  6. Select a parameter name->edit
  7. By default "Mapping type" will be "Key" mode, You can also select other mapping type like Username. Please refer the screen shot attached

Not only username, you can also select BackendUsername, BackendPassword, DeviceId, Devicetype, MessageId, ModuleName, ModuleVersion, QueueId etc.

I hope this will help you. All the best.

Regards

Yokesvaran Kumarasamy

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is your requirement ? you can try what Yokesvaran kumarasamy but you have to keep your MBOs in online cache group to do this.

- Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey thanks a lot for the solution .. It worked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

I have tried and it worked for me.Anyways I wanted to get SUP username,we save in HWC settings and I wanted to make use of that username in my app. I was thinking to do using PKs or by customizing the code but nothing worked. Finally that solution worked

Thanks a lot for suggestions

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good to hear that. While posting a question it would be nice if you add information on why you are trying to do it. Hence people can give better solutions.

- Midhun VP

former_member186566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Great!!! 🙂

regards

Yokesvaran Kumarasamy

Answers (0)