cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installer hangs at Start Diagnostic Agent Instance Phase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am performing a System Copy with Export-Import Method. It is a PI system with NW 7.3 EHP 1 Dual Stack.

During the Import, the installer stuck at "Start Diagnostic Agent Instance" Phase. Its not giving any error.

Checked various logs both in installation directory and in diagnostic agent work directory, but no clue.

Not proceeding after the below step:

CSyPath::createFile() lib=syslib module=syslib

Creating file /sapinst6/XXX_IMPORT_TEMP/sapinst_instdir/NW731/ORA/ORA/COPY/ORA/SYSTEM/STD/AS/INSTANA.XML.

I am able to start the Diagnostic agent manually.

Steps Tried so far:

1. Complete recycle of SAP System

2. Recycle of Diagnostic Agent

3. Killing the processes, clearing the shared memory, start the SAP system

4. Do not start the diagnostic agent(start manually when the installer stuck etc)

5. Restart the "sapinst" and continue with old option.

The catch here is In my original System the diagnostic agent instance number is 40.

In the new system(copy) the instance number is 97(installer took it by default and I did not changed it to 40).

Environment:

Kernel 720_EXT_REL Patch: 410

DB: Oracle

Any help in this regard is much appreciated?

Regards,

Tufyl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RB/Rishi,

Thank you for the helpful replies. These helped me finding more information about the issue.

There was a Oracle Table space which was almost full:

8 - SYSTEM         DATA  ONLINE    LOCAL    MANUAL    NO    NO        1/1  NO      NO

440320            99.71    1280     10240000      9799680         2  9799680+:1024:256:0:0

We have extended it:

8 - SYSTEM         DATA  ONLINE    LOCAL    MANUAL    NO    NO        1/1   NO      NO

880640           49.85    41600     10240000      9359360         2  9359360+:441344:256:0:0

After that I waited for a while to check if the installer progressing, It was not progressing.

So, I have stopped the installer. Stopped all the SAP instances, including database.

Stopped the Diagnostic Agent Manually.

Killed all the processes which were belonging to <sid>adm (SAP system) and DAA Instance (daaadm).

Cleaned shared memory with (cleanipc remove <instance no>.)

After this I have started the Database and SAP instances.

I have not started the DAA instance manually, thought that let the Installer identify its status and do the needful.

Then I restarted the sapinst and continued with the old option.

It helped The Issue got resolved   Process completed successfully!

Regards,

Tufyl

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check the below note.

1943975 - Unable to start Diagnostic Agent or Java-stack system installed in AIX or AS/400 with erro...

Can you login in the configtool of the PI system and see if there are reference of the 40 DAA and see if you can remove it.

If not please post the above logs we can check further.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Go the the work directory of the SMD file system and check the dev_SMDAgent, std_SMDAgent.out and jvm_SMDAgent.out files.

The directory should be /usr/sap/SMD/J97/work

Regards

RB