Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File receiver adapter creating file in DOS format

elko_hasse
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using file receiver adapter to create a plain text file (using content conversion). The receiving party is requesting a file in DOS format. How can I achive this ?

The file I am currently getting has Unix type.

Thanks

Elko

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elko,

DOS and windows use the same format.

from Wikipedia

with each line of text separated by a two-character combination: CR and LF, which have ASCII codes 13 and 10. It is common for the last line of text not to be terminated with a CR-LF marker, and many text editors (including Notepad) do not automatically insert one on the last line.

So you just need to create the .txt file in target. Please refer the below link to troubleshoot file adapter issue

Troubleshooting the File Adapter - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

regards,

Harish

elko_hasse
Participant
0 Kudos

PI is running on a Linux System an the text files have UNIX format, but I need DOS/WIN format.

Thanks.

Elko

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elko,

I do not think there would be any issue if you sent the file from PI running on Linux system. do you get any error when you try to push the file from file adapter?

regards,

Harish

elko_hasse
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

no there is no error in PI.

The file is created and stored. An external process is picking up this file via ftp. And on processing the file in the external system there is an error, because the external system request  DOS format.

Elko

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elko,

I believe the only way to ask for the valid file from your external provider and compare the file format e.g. extension, encoding etc.

Regards,

Harish

elko_hasse
Participant
0 Kudos

I already know the issue. The encoding is ok. Its just the format.

Unix uses LF as line separator and

DOS uses CR/LF

I need to create a file with file adapter that has CR/LF.

Elko

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please try to use end seperator as '0x0D''0x0A'. Please check the below discussion.

link - https://scn.sap.com/thread/1057534

Regards,

Harish

elko_hasse
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, that the solution I was looking for.

Issue solved.

Elko

Answers (0)