cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM 7.2 install blues with oracle 11.2.0.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all

I have been having lots of "fun" with the IDM 7.2 SP8 installation on oracle 11.2.0.3. The OS is windows 2008 R2.

Firstly, the mxmc-install.cmd fails because our Oracle database doesn't have the utl_inaddr. If you look at the sql called by the mxmc-install, it also calls a lot of stored procedure we don't have, for example, dbms_network_acl_admin. After some research on the internet, these missing stuffs are coming from the Oracle XMLDB.

Here is my installation path. I installed the oracle 11.2.0.3 binary and then all opatches. Then I run the catqm.sql to install XMLDB. But then I ran into ora-7445. I then turned off the windows UAC and uninstall, reinstall everything. Now the catqm.sql finishes but now running into ora-600 on the mxmc-install.cmd.

By the way, XMLDB is not even mentioned in the IDM installation guide. How did you guys install the IDM datastore on the oracle database?

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way, we are just using an existing netweaver J2EE database to host the IDM server. So we did not follow the IDM documentation for creating a starter database. But according to the IDM doc, we can use an existing database too.

Thanks,

Jonathan.