cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Job run time variation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

We a Job running in environment which is for creating back order deliveries. This Job runs 5 time a day at different time.

My question here is that sometime it finishes in 5 Minutes and the other time take more that 30 mins. There is no trend being shown by this job in this time variation.

Can you please let me know is there any way to check what data/trasactions are being processed in a batch Job.

Long run of this Job is hampering the business hence require your quick help on this.

Thanks in Advance!!!

Warm Regards,

SG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Please provide following details:

How many instances you have? (provide screenshot from sm51 if possible)

BackGround WP's per instance?

Does this job runs on dedicated instance?

upload screenshot of the list of jobs running parallel to this particular job. You need to upload 2 screenshot, one when it finishes in 5 min and second when it takes 30min.

Want to know your system configurations and load during this job's run.

Thanks,

Hardeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please help me i am still not able to make out what is the issue. Can you please explain how t check deadlocks and the database performance at the specified time.

Thanks!!!

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to run trace and see why it is taking long.

I think you need to check step three when this program is running.

RVV50R10C : as this program is used for processing orders that are due for delivery.

Check how many doc are being processed . Is this taking more time? Compare this step in other job.

have you check all the details in the earlier post.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I can see only the below details in Detial Job Log. Also i dont see any huge difference in spool as well .CAn you please tell me how to chek the deadlock and database performance at the specified time.

Please help.

Thanks!!!

SG

former_member207661
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I also faced this issue in one of my project. Please check below:

1) Is there any specific difference in Spool/Job log of 5 min and 30 min job? If yes, try to read it.

2) There might be deadlock issue when some deliveries are in queue which is making them wait so long. You might want help from Basis team to see if there any deadlock occurs during this period.

3) Check the code for any performance issue, for example wrong use of FOR ALL ENTRIES which is being triggered only some specific scenario.

4) Check selection screen criteria of job.

I hope these points should be able to help you.

Warm Regards,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can try the below steps to track down the issue.

First check what is the functionality that the job is handling.

Is there a change in the amount of the data during the day.

Do you see same size of the spool through out the day.

If yes then does job take more time when there is more load on the system or more batch running in the system.

Try to put a trace on the time when it finishes earlier and longer and then compare it.

Go in sm37 and get the stats of month or 15 days and see when it run 5 mins and when in 30 min.

Try to relate if you can find some dependency relate to the business functionality .

Can try to check the database response during those time  .

Check st03 and see if you get some details related to those thing.

I think can start with this.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

IanSegobio
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

I'm not sure If you already checked SM37 > Enter selection criteria for the desired job >> Select one entry >> click in "Display job details";

This way you will be able to see some other processes that were started ny this job.

Cheers, Ian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i am not sure what you mean with "what data" but in first instance I would answer use ST03N ...

Don't you see anything from job log or job spool?

regards

a