cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring PI 7.11 SP10 with Solman Central monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I understand PI 7.11 supports central monitoring. However does it support sending out alerts based on message status both on ABAP and Java stack or do we need to upgrade to PI 7.3 for the same.

Also is central monitoring capable of sending alerts for messages in 'delivering' ' to-be-delievered' status?

SOLMAN version 7.1 sp7

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

You can use CCMS (transaction RZ20) to track both ABAP and JAVA stack, see Configuring the CCMS Alert Monitor - Configuration of SAP NetWeaver - SAP Library. The JAVA stack can be monitored both with heart beat and with RWB Alerts.

I never managed to get any alerts for messages with status "delviering" when I configuerd the alerts at our company. However with PI 7.3 the alerting is competly changed and I think it will be easier to monitor these issues. But we are still on PI 7.1 so cannot promise you anything.

Merry Christmas,

Maria Lande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out this blog

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

You can set up PI Monitoring on SAP Solution Manager 7.1 and using this system as an alert consumer.

What I did was building an extra alerting mechanism for SMQ1 and SMQ2 and choose the status of the queues (ABAP side). The states you mention are residing on the adapter engine (java side).

Also, messages being delivered or to be delivered is not a real error. I do not know if you can catch these things out-of-the-box.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I did was building an extra alerting mechanism for SMQ1 and SMQ2 and choose the status of the queues (ABAP side).

Can you please elaborate a bit more on this.

We have a requirement to send out alerts for messages in 'Delievering' status on Java and 'Running' on ABAP stack for more than 30 mins. One way for it is to create a ABAP program. But wanted to know if there is any out-of-the-box solution.

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

As far as I know, there is no out-of-the-box solution available to monitor those states for queues on both Java and ABAP stack.

Kind regards,

Dimitri