cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swift Component with Alliance lite 2

0 Kudos

In our current project involving Swift integration package, we have to use AUTOCLIENT to integrate our back office applications which in turn will connect to SWIFTnet via Alliance lite 2.

In our PI server we have installed swift integration component version 6.22 patch 11 and we sent files with FileActConversionToSWIFTModule module but when we validated the target files, it generated a file with .par extension, and we need with .fa extension, also there are some parameters that the component didn't recognize like SenderBIC12, ReceiverBIC12, Format, MessageIdentifier and that are needed by Swiftnet and the file doesn't have the body element and it's really important for us.

Could you please help me, we don't know if we cann't get the files with the structure we need it with the swift component installed or we have some configurations errors.  We searched SAP notes but we didn't found any that help us.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra

That's the limiation of AL2 or in other words the value add a ServiceBureau can bring to you (re-formatting, mapping, conversions etc. usually are included in the value add of a bureau).

However, formatting you either can do in PI or with installing Alliance Converter (which can be licencsed by SWIFT) .

But you have to do it by your own - specific skills, messaging expertise and know-how is needed - which usually is not available within a corporate's IT department.

Solution (cheaper, faster and less  expensive) is to outsource the SWIFT connectivity to a ServiceBureau. It's there bread & butter and daily business.

I'm happy to support you on that - please let me know - christoph.stiefel@bbp.ch

Answers (0)