cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Factor = 0 in RLGCOPY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

To meet an ad-hoc but sensible Business need, I need to to enter copy factor = 0 in copy step of program RLGCOPY. I note that 0 is NOT accepted as a value in the field "copy factor". The lowest value in copy factor that is accepted is 1. This kind of solves the issue at hand but not clean thing.

In Business speak, I am trying to make the value of a key figure 0 for a particular CVC for a particular duration. This could be for reasons like a temporary closure of a DC or a temporary change of DC for customer for 101 reasons that are not conditional on anything. Both DC and Customer are characteristics of my location dimension along which we plan demand and mean it such. This zeroing out business is a step in the larger solution that includes a few other things.

Ideas appreciated. SCM version is 7.2.

Thanks

Borat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Borat,

If target cvc already exists, would a tscopy with an empty key figure as source do the job? If so, there is also a new tcode that does that without need of the the empty key figure. Drawback for both is that you loose the realignment table, which is kind of nice to log what you are doing. But they would allow you to write 0s anywhere.

Regards,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Makes sense. Let me test

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Borat,

You can do this by exceuting the same same realignments steps multiple times ( say around 5 times ) with copy factor 1 to zero out a KF.

For exasmple, if i have 20 entries in realignment table with copy factor 1, then copy those 20 entries five more times, which makes total entries in realignment table equal to 120. Now if there is 100 in source , when the first step in realignment table is performed it is changed to 1 , next time 0.1 , next time 0.001 , next time 0.0001, next time 0.00001, again next time .. so on.. ... which will take system as zero ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

E-man-i,

I better write a macro to create realignment steps of this kind. Even then I will only reach the asymptotic value that never touches zero.

Does SAP DP offer a way of calculating limiting value of functions somewhere? May be its hidden somewhere in the sample macros book. I will check and publish a month later.

If I ask the Planners to do these steps, they will resign blaming me. Some may even commit suicide citing me. I don't want to live this sin. They already hate doing SAP so much.

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Borat,

> Can we write Macro to create Realignement steps ? Can you throw some more light on that , like what function you can use to do so ... ? I still wonder  is it possible ...

> 0.0001 also system displays and reads as ZERO only ( It depends on decimal places you have allowed while designing your planning area ). So, i dont think there will be any issue in that.

> Hmmm.... Actually i personally dont find any difficulty to do so. Beacuse all the steps can be run at only once that too in Background. Only manual task is to copy my realignment entries more 5 times in EXCEL Sheet which requires fraction of seconds to do so .Thats where manual effort is required. So nothing so hectic / climbing an Everest task here i feel !!

Thanks. Do reply on that macro.

Good day !!

Regards,

Emani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Zuper. Didnt really think of decimal limit thingie in the live cache

Awesome. I buy your idea. Easy and quick...thats all I look forward to at any given point in time.

Happy New Year. I still hope SAP provides for 0 as copy factor by 2020 in SCM Release 16.0. Not too much to ask for

BS

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Ha Ha .. 2020 is too long ..:)

Wish you also a happy new year !!

Regards,

Emani

Answers (0)