cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem importing Clause (Content problem)

former_member182305
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am haveing a hard time importing the Clauses to CLM, now i guess will be the last, here is the problem.

There is 2 files to import to creat a clause, right?

1. Clause

2. Content.

What I am guessing is that you have to creat firs the Clause, then you have to import the content (The word documento).

I am importing the file to create the clause, but i get the next error:

# Failed: object 1: The clause must define at least 1 content. [CONTENTS].

I replicate the proces manually and to create a clause is it mandatory to specify the Word Document that is in the Clause.

So i Wonder how is the proces to creat clauses vía import if the flat files for creation are separated: Clause and Content.

Thank you very much for your answers.

Best Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182305
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Thank you very much for your answers.  I found the Error.

I was trying to set the field not mandatory, but I couldn't and I remember that there are some configuration in the Clause Phases. For example when the Clause are in Approved you can't make modifications unless you configure that phase. So I decided to check the configuration of the Phase Draft.

The Phase Draft for a strange reason had the configuration that the phase Approved should have.

THat is why when i Try to save the Clause, the systm assumed that it was on approved and didn't let me save the Clause without Content.

Hope this comment helps for similar future problems.

THANKS for all the answers.

Best Regards and Happy Holydays.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sebastian,

Assuming you have a Boolean Extension in Clause and a script to change the phase of Clause. You will encounter this error when the Boolean extension default value is TRUE.

Follow below workaround and let me know

1) Add a column header "INTERNAL NAME of Clause Extension", as shown below, to Clause Template

2) Enter FALSE as input value

3) Upload the template

Regards

Shyam

former_member182305
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shyman dudaka,

Thank you for the Answer, but i don't have any extension or script.

Any other reason that you think that is causing the problem. That i must include a content to create the clause via import.

Thanks

Best Regards.

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

What version of the application are you using?  I just did the manual creation of a clause and am I able to save a clause without content.  Maybe you cpould provide me a copy of the .csv file and I'll have a look.

Gary

former_member182305
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gary,

Thank you very much for the Answer, I am on CLm 9 sp13.

The file I am using is the next:

When i upload this file i get the error. What did you do to not have to select a Content Before?.

Best Regards Gary.

former_member89217
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

I did not need to do anything special my simple test both manually and as an import worked fine.

DISPLAY_NAME VERSION DOCUMENT_DESCRIPTION OWNER TYPE CONTRACT_TERM COMMENTS CREATE_NEW_VERSION CONVERT_CONTENT_TO_DOCX
GJB test 21testgboutin1

I followed this import with:

CLAUSE_DISPLAY_NAME CLAUSE_VERSION IS_DEFAULT DESCRIPTION PATH_TO_FILE
GJB test 21TRUEtestC:\GJB_Docs\Frictionless Developer.doc

this allowed the clause to have the associated .doc file as the content.

When you do this manually (not import)  without adding a .doc file what happens?

Gary

former_member182305
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gary,

Thanks for the answer again. When I create the Clause without the DOC file, It won't be created until i add a DOC file.

I  get the next error

"The clause must define at least 1 content".

And i can create the clause until i add a DOC file. I am trying to set that field as not requiered on Page Customization. But I don't know if I am setting the right field or it won't work.

The Page customization i have is on CONTENT (1818). The field is Name: Docuement and the ID: DOC_FILE. I set as required and the value is NO. but it doesn't work either.

Any other idea how i can fix this.

Thank you.