Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCREEN_DEP INVISIBLE Doesn't work

former_member277111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I've created a characteristics NO_DISPLAY and in the 'Additional data' tab I've assigned structure SCREEN_DEP with field INVISIBLE.

I created a class called BIKE of type 300 and assigned NO_DISPLAY,  SADDLE and GEAR to it.

I created a dependency with the following code and assigned it to 'GEAR" Characteristics

$SELF.NO_DISPLAY = 'GEAR' IF SADDLE = 'A'

I'm assigning class BIKE to equipment. I'm expecting that when value 'A' on SADDLE characteristics is selected; the GEAR characteristics disappears however characteristics GEAR is still visible. Any idea what the problem is here.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Farhard,

In my case the syntax you mention is working.

Please check

1) Configuration profile of equipment should be created with status 1 (released) and

2) The dependency should be assigned to it.

Testind done at my end is mention below

Configuration initial screen

Value Entering

Characteristic 'GEAR' is Hiding after value entry.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem, but in my case I want to Block de characteristic field of Equipment Class.

For show and Hide I figure easily like I show below:

The question is: How can I Block and Release a characteristic field by the rule the same way for show and hide?

I try use to structure SCREEN_DEP but ins't work,  I think is not work with class 002.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Farhad,

Please act as following. I am quite sure that it works either for BOMs and equipments.

1- create a dependency  type precondition in CU01 and write the following syntax:

SADDLE <> 'A' and Specified SADDLE

2- assign this dependency to the characteristic GEAR .

3- assign the class BIKE to the equipment and test it.

Please let me know if you had further questions .

Regards,

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farhard,

Could it be a missing $SELF. before SADDLE in the dependency?

Moreover, is the dependency at status 1- Released?

Hope this could be of any help.

Bye,

Flavio

former_member277111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Flavio,

I've tried with or without $SELF after the IF statement with no success. Yes the dependency is released. I'm thinking it is not working because it is not designed to work when the classified object is equipment. Maybe it only works for BOMs.