Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date updation

former_member385587
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a batch with characteristics that are valuated automatically based on the results recorded during quality inspection . We have a custom characteristics with date format which needs to be filled during results recording . Is it possible to have a MIC for date which will get populated in the batch characteristics.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can refer this thread for the solution. You would get date value in desired format through result recording only. Pl check this and come up with queries, if any

ntn

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually, yes, it is possible.

In the MIC you would record the date as a number.  Since you can't use a leading zero you have to record the date in the format of yyyymmdd.  Such as 20131220.  January 1 will be 20140101  Lets call the class characteristic the MIC is linked to as RAW_DATE.

This is the value that transfers to the batch record.  But in the batch class you create a second characteristic of date format, FINAL_DATE that uses a dependency.  In the dependency you add a FM that reads the RAW_DATE number, parses it into dd, mm and yyyy.  It then passes that date back to the characteristic FINAL_DATE.  You can then report Final Date on your COA's or other documents.

This has been done successfully.  Unfortunately I lost my contact info with the consultant that showed it to me.  I do not have the exact coding used in the dependency.  If anyone has access to that, or does this, I would love to get a copy of the coding used.  It would make a great document here at SCN as well.

Craig

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mr Craig,

How do you explain the things so nicely

I had seen the similar requirement and suggested the solution which I mentioned here. Though there wasn't any need to pass the results to batch classification or any customized report, user accepted this solution since it only wanted to track the date of result recording, in a simpler way, whenever he need.

But what you explained, gave me a wonderful functional logic of keeping the data in the standard format along with its availability at batch master level and to any customized report. 

I'll soon try your idea with my ABAPer and see what he can do.

Regards,

Nitin

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can either have QL MIC or QT MIC. To enter date, common format would be like 20.12.13, which is not feasible to enter.

I have seen similar scenario being covered by entering date as 2012.13 using Qnt MIC. See if this can work for you.

ntn