cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a moderation notice when trying to add a comment to a document

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried adding a comment to http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-40891, I got a moderation notice. Just to be sure it wasn't because of session problems I tried again. Same result.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The author can decide if he wants to moderate each comment before it becomes visible, Maybe he just want to restrict getting 100s of "Thank you"  or some harsh words in case the content does not meet the expected quality

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would have expected the moderation notice to indicate that, something along the lines of "the author of this document has chosen to make comments subject to moderation". The moderation notice was very generic as far as I remember, I should have taken a screenshot.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try it with  my document, I have just set the option to moderate comments. I will then reject your comment

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just did, see the screenshot. Quite misleading.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Must be pretty frustrating for a platinum badge holder to be told that his point level is to low 

let's ping

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case, the person moderating the comments is also an SCN moderator.

This test needs to be repeated by a non-moderator to see whether the notice is same or different.

Maybe Samuli can moderate comments on his document and Jurgen will try adding comment.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I can confirm that the "Comment Policy" is set to "Moderated (Non-Authors comments will require approval)" meaning everyone's comment will be moderated.

The warning message is misleading and hopefully it could be updated for this scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen for letting me know.

I'll bring this to the team discussion.

Best,

Oxana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Any update on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

We've created a ticket to address this (MKT-339). Unfortunately I cannot give you an estimate date when the notification will be adjusted.

Thank you,

Oxana

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is about the silliest it can get. I'm replying to an existing discussion thread, not a blog/document with settings:

Answers (0)