cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDM 7.2 Management console(MC) installation on Linux

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can you please suggest how can we install Management Console(MC) installation on Linux for SAP IDM 7.2 , Most of the documentation says for windows but i didn't find suitable information on Linux.

Thanks,

Prakash.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

SAP will soon release an IDM Developer studio (based on eclipse) which can be installed on Linux (Platform Independent)

Regards,

Mahesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All,

I have installed MC on windows and User Interface(UI) on AS Java(7.3), Now we are planning to integrate all ABAP systems of our landscape to IDM (version 7.2), I realized in order to achieve this we need to perform some configuration in Identity Center by scheduling some jobs, Can you please suggest the process how can we perform this, By the way as of now we have finished following components installation for IDM.

install the database system

Install the Identity Center database schema

Install the Java Runtime Environment

Install the database client

Install the JDBC drivers

Install the Runtime Components

Install and configure SAP NetWeaver AS Java

Install the Identity Management User Interface

Post-installation: Configure the Java Runtime Environment

Post-installation: Add the JDBC drivers to the CLASSPATH extension

Advanced thanks for your help!

Regards,

Prakash.

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prakash,

could you open a new thread for this as this is now a different topic. I believe this has already been covered in older threads - maybe a quick search before you open a new thread might get the answer faster.

regards,

Chris

IdM SCN Moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

will do, I will search if i can find an answer.

Thanks,

Prakash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is simply not possible as the complete title is MMC which stands for Microsoft Management Console.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

Thanks for the quick response, So i just wanted to let you know that we are in the process of prototyping of the SAP NW  IDM effort on a Demo/Sandbox system and installed following components as part of it except steps 6( Install the Management Console) &  7 ( Install the Runtime Components ), Our target is to integrate all ABAP & Java systems to IDM, Please let us know how can we achieve it on a Linux Java 7.3( IDM server) which we already installed without MC installation?

Installation process: S - Demo/development system

==================================================

1. Install the database system

2. Install the Identity Center database schema

3. Install the Java Runtime Environment

4. Install the database client

5. Install the JDBC drivers

6. Install the Management Console

7. Install the Runtime Components

8. Install and configure SAP NetWeaver AS Java

9. Install the Identity Management User Interface

10. Post-installation: Configure the Java Runtime Environment

11. Post-installation: Add the JDBC drivers to the CLASSPATH extension

Thanks,

Prakash.

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prakash,

the function of the MMC is as a GUI to design the system/landscape and also it allows some administration of dispatchers and run jobs to run mass actions. The concept is that you have this installed on any windows machine that meets the MMC requirements and design the system in your development and quality system and once everything is setup the MMC should not be required as any changes in production will occur through transports rather than via the MMC.

So in conclusion you will need to install the MMC. I hope this clarifies.

Regards,

Chris

SAP IdM Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash - The windows machine Chris refers to could of course be a windows laptop, though for a variety of reasons it is recommended to use a windows server.

You could try  Linux software that allows windows software to run on Linux...Wine (from memory - been a while since I played with Linux   )

cheers,

Andy

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We've commonly done this from a workstation as well, Anything that runs XP or later should be fine.  You could even do this from a VM.

Matt