cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Os migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Concern ,

There is a requirement that we need to migrate one of our SANDBOX system from AIX environment to windows environment , but we don't know from where we should start , and can able to plan the hardware and its size and the time required to complete the process.

Your suggestion will definitely be the key for me, I appreciate if some one could able to provide me some document regarding this. 

Regards

Rj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

Thanks for your valuable inputs , if we want to do this migration without having any certified consultant then will SAP not provide any support for this?

Regards

Rj

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Thanks for your valuable inputs , if we want to do this migration without having any certified consultant then will SAP not provide any support for this?

82478  - SAP system OS/DB migration

To execute an OS/DB migration, the following are required:

1. A technical consultant, specially certified for OS/DB migrations, executes the migration locally, irrespective of whether you are migrating a development system, a test system or a productive system. This ensures that the required "know-how" is available to deal with the complexity of the situation.

2. You use the migration check for the operating system or the database to migrate production systems.

SAP can provide hotline support for the migration only if both of these prerequisites are met, you use a copying technique that is supported by SAP, and you use the correct migration tools. In general, the tools that are provided in the installation kit up to Basis Release 4.6D are not released for an operating system or database migration (at least not for data export). As of Basis release 6.x, the installation kits contain all of the required tools.

If the prerequisites are not met, we must inform you that SAP cannot provide any SAP Support Line support for your migration. All support during the migration, when solving inconsistencies and performance problems, and if data loss occurs, can be provided by SAP only as a consulting service that is subject to charge

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bejamin,

So now its crystal clear that its not that simple as it may seems at first go.

But for testing purpose can i able to get the migration key and help or not,

And how to get OS/DB migration certification of SAP.

It will be far more good for me if you please answer this question as well.

Thanks

Rj

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

This is a heterogeneous system copy.

First read this SAP note to find the prerequisites for this activity.

82478  - SAP system OS/DB migration

Check this link to find out more information about the migration

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/osdbmigration

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

Please suggest.

Regards

Rj

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is an heterogeneous system copy.

It is supposed to be performed only by a certified consultant.

For the procedure, please take some time to search on SCN ...

Regards