cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman ITSM Service Desk and CHARM questions

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have configured the Service Desk in Solman 7.1 SPS 8, and have below doubts/issues-

1. Message Processor is not assigning automatically even I have assigned the ZSOLMANPRO and processor business role to processor (Consultancy company). Even not getting the pop up "Enter Your Business Partner as Processor"

I have checked the below link and created the below entry

AIC_ASSIGN_PROCESSOR

AUTO_NONE_POPUP

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2012/07/10/current-processor-fu...

Even when this entry was not present then also pop up was not coming as it's mentioned that by default Incident will use Case 4: (AUTO_POPUP_NO2EDIT)

2. We don't have helpdesk as this is small setup and only for ERP and BW system so we don't need to assign role SOLMANDSPTCH to anybody as we are using BRFPLUS to assign the incident directly to team. And as we are assigning ticket using BRFPLUS to the Organization Unit and under OU we have assigned the respective position and business partners and users so how can we intimate the whole team if let's say 3 user assign (ABAP User's BP) in 1 position (ABAP Support) , can we maintain multiple email address in OU business partner (171) but as mentioned in Dolores's blog that "Currently sending mails to multiple receivers is only available for personal BP (for example, reported by, processor), but not for organizational BP (for example, sold-to party, support team)." so what is the alternative to send multiple mails for OU.

3. . When I am creating request from crm_ui directly it pops up for ZMIN and SMDT transaction type, how can I restrict it to ZMIN only ?

4. We have 4 type of users-

i) End users who will create request usually from remote system.

ii) Message Processor (Consultancy Company), Same User will work in change document as Developer, Tester and IT Operator.

iii) Change Manager for ZMCR, only change manager can approve the request (we only have 1 approval procedure)

What type of roles we can assign to users, Please let me know if below standard composite roles are sufficient and how can we restrict below to use ZMIN and ZMCR-

SAP_SUPPDESK_ADMIN_COMP - For change Manager and Admin user.

SAP_SUPPDESK_PROCESS_COMP - For Processor

SAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE_COMP - For End users

5. We have 2 Landscapes ECC and BI but we are only using CHARM for ECC, How can we default set the component of ECC Prodcution Client by default in each request instead of selecting through F4 menu.

6. For time being we are not using SLA so how can we hide these IRT and MRT screen.

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Message Processor is not assigning automatically

please follow How to Automatically Determine Message Processor - Wiki Stage - SCN Wiki

so how can we intimate the whole team if let's say 3 user assign (ABAP User's BP) in 1 position (ABAP Support) , can we maintain multiple email address in OU

Dolres blog is finest one, but you mentioned you are using brf+, have you checked

Support Team Determination via Business Rule Framework plus - SAP IT Service Management on SAP Solut...

When I am creating request from crm_ui directly it pops up for ZMIN and SMDT transaction type, how can I restrict it to ZMIN only ?

goto DNO_CUST04 -> make sure PROCESS_TYPE is set as ZMIN

if this does not help, you can try out this way,

What type of roles we can assign to users, Please let me know if below standard composite roles are sufficient and how can we restrict below to use ZMIN and ZMCR-

follow the security guide https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001024142013E.PDF

6. For time being we are not using SLA so how can we hide these IRT and MRT screen.

Any customisation on CRM UI, you must use SAP delivered tools like Easy Enhancement Workbench EEWB,Application Enhancement Tool AET, Check hereSAP Community Network Wiki - CRM - Best Practices for SAP CRM Web UI Customization

Thanks

Jansi

0 Kudos

Thanks Jansi,

1. Why I am not getting pop up Enter Your Business Partner as Processor when processor edits the incident as we have to assign it manually using drop down button where I am getting all the members assign to OU but I want whoever edit the incident from the support team it's name assigned automatically to Message processor instead of assigning it manually.

2. MY BRFPLUS is working absolutely fine, thanks for the above helpful link as I am not assigning ticket directly to employee instead I am assigning it to OU, Actually I want to send intimation to multiple BP users like in ABAP Team we have 3 users and I want that whenever ticket creates for ABAP team then all 3 BP should receive mail but I am not sure if this is supported yet as I haven't found out any helpful link and also we can't create multiple distribution list in exchange server as we have around 15 OU so IT has rejected it.

Also We have requirement that whenever ticket creates a mail trigger to relevant support team member and also copy of mail to manager for each request.

3. I already had  below entry but had some additional entries from which I have removed PROCESS_TYPE_ADD 2 SMDT and now my issue is resolved.

PROCESS_TYPE0ZMIN

PROCESS_TYPE_ADD1SNWS
PROCESS_TYPE_ADD3ZMIN
PROCESS_TYPE_NEW0ZMIN
PROCESS_TYPE_TEMPL1SMIT

5. How can I hard code Configuration Item in ZMCR to auto populate for 1 value as I am not able to find relevant Ibase component in IB52.

6. Don't we have other method instead of CRM screen design as I guesss this will require help from CRM and ABAP team and right now we have long holiday.

Thanks for your valuable inputs and nice blogs.

Regards

Saurabh

former_member204161
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh ,

1. Message Processor has to be selected from the drop-down . Whoever edits the message will get assigned as "Current Processor", automatically. You can see this is in the Partners assignment block.

2. Best way is to create a DL for each support team in your mail server , assign the DL email id in the corresponding business partner . If your IT is not allowing , this will not be possible . A suggestion in that case ,  would be to  assign one of the team member's email in the BP , and set up mail forwarding to the other team members.

5. If you have just ECC logical component in your Charm project , when you fill in the project ID in the change request , ECC Production System Ibase will automatically get filled in the configuration item .

6. Use "Personalize" option on top right hand corner of the screen , to default hide the IRT/MPT assignment block .

Let me know if this helps .

Regards,

Shaswat

0 Kudos

Thanks for your time Shaswat.

1. Message Processor has to be selected from the drop-down . Whoever edits the message will get assigned as "Current Processor", automatically. You can see this is in the Partners assignment block.

1.Yes but system was not giving any pop up neither filling automatically but this is resolved by selecting the TRANSACTION Type ZMIN in processor role as I just copied the role and was using all the z customization but forget to add ZMIN T.Type in role but now system automatically select the processor.

2. Best way is to create a DL for each support team in your mail server , assign the DL email id in the corresponding business partner . If your IT is not allowing , this will not be possible . A suggestion in that case ,  would be to  assign one of the team member's email in the BP , and set up mail forwarding to the other team members.

2. I have found below link where Juan-Carlos Garcia-Garavito explains to use multiple email in single BP but thr he assign the role to employee for user and we have General role for all end users as we have generated the users and BP automatically using standard report. So need to check what will be the impact if we change the role to employee for all BP's.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3394526

But we have requirement that whenever the Incident is created, all members of suppport team get the notification and also mail should copy to Manager's ID as well for each request regardless of support team.

5. If you have just ECC logical component in your Charm project , when you fill in the project ID in the change request , ECC Production System Ibase will automatically get filled in the configuration item .

5. Issue is that when we create the incident from production (EP1) and create the followup ZMCR request then we are able to search the project but if we create request from any other system or landscape (ED1 or EQ1 or BW landscape) then no project is display as "configuration Item" fills automatically but it seems that project is only configured for EP1 (ECC Production).

We want whenever we create Change request either through incident for any system or new from crm_ui it should select project Z_CHARM and ECC production landscape in "configuration item" under "Request for Change Scope" as we are only using Charm for ECC Landscape and we don't know if we have requirement to move TR only till quality.

6. Use "Personalize" option on top right hand corner of the screen , to default hide the IRT/MPT assignment block .

6. Actually IRT/MPT column shows Dates under Column Details so not sure how can we hide the same for all users, Personalize shows below screen-

former_member204161
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan ,

Good to see you have resolved few of the issues .

5. Now I got your issue . In "Copy Control Mapping" SPRO Node , mark inactive for Ibase column ie. Ibase will not be copied over from CR to Change Document . Then try it .

6. You want to hide 2 fields in the "Details" assignment block - is my understanding correct ? Hiding any UI fields can be done through UI configuration.

Regards,

Shaswat

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI JANSI

Can you please share any doc regarding email configuration in service desk.

i have configure standard service desk. create message org and support team determination are configured but mail is not triggering can u please help needed some usefull doc follow to many doc .

Thanks

Vivek Rawat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek,

Check you partner function that is assigned to the actions for sending mail Also, make sure that the conditions are met.

You may also try to check this link:http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-35291

regards,

Grace

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

What is the difference between “Service Order”, and  “Service Request” creation in Solman Service desk?

Thanks,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have task to create customized request form in Solman Service desk, is anyone know the steps??

Thanks,

Manish