Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS on Chrome doesn't work

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have this ITS Application that we migrated from 4.7 Version to ECC EHP6.

The application works well (with some issues) in IE8 with Windows XP and Windows 7. But the application doesn't work on Google Chrome on either OS.

I've tried few suggestions given on the web and SAP Notes but cant get them to work on Chrome.

And yes, in the 4.7 version, the application works well on IE8 and Chrome.

We are on

SAP_BASIS7310008SAPKB73108SAP Basis Component
SAP_APPL6060008SAPKH60608

Logistics and Accounting

Kernel release    720

Compilation       Linux GNU

Sup.Pkg lvl.      500

ABAP Load         1780

Kindly help,

pk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

robert_altenstraer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kishan P,

did you ever solve this issue ??   I have the same problem, and found no solution  .

Thanks Robert

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Robert,

Unfortunately it is not solved. Luckily for me, the Client uses IE as the default browser for their day-to-day transactions. And Chrome support is not provided by their IT team.

I had followed all the steps provided here and looked for SAP Notes but found nothing. I had started to get the feeling that I was the only one with the problem!

It's really a shame that I couldn't get it to work, since Chrome provides some great tools to "debug" the browser page!

pk

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What service are you calling when you get the

500 SAP Internal Server Error

ERROR: System error (termination: ABORT_MESSAGE_STATE)

Were did you set: ~USERAGENTCHECK

Regards,

Oisin

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

I'm calling my custom services (Z*). They are non-SAP and non-Cloned services, and are developed from scratch. Even the backend SAP programs are custom Module Pool Programs.

I set the ~UserAgentCheck to 1 in both SICF Service and SE80 Internet Service alternatively and combined...just in case....

Thanks,

pk

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi pk,

It should be set:

'~USERAGENTCHECK 0'

in the "GUI Configuration" section of the service in question (via transaction SICF)

See note 972116 - Integrated ITS, browser invalid/not supported

Regards,

Oisin

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry my bad,

I had indeed set it to 0 and not 1. It was a typo here. (Must be the Friday mood 🙂 )

Any other suggestions?

pk

PS: I even tried this suggestion of overriding the UserAgent in Chrome from here: How to Change Your Browser’s User Agent Without Installing Any Extensions

But that dint work either.    

Message was edited by: kishan P

Former Member
0 Kudos

How doesn't it work? A screenshot would be helpful. Anyway, it is a known restriction. ITS is not supported on Chrome. See SAP note 1655306 for details. You can try to deactivate the browser check to see if you can get back to the level of support in the previous ERP release. See SAP note 972116 for details.

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, how stupid of me not to mention why ITS doesn't work on Chrome

The error I get when I run the application on Chrome is:

500 SAP Internal Server Error

ERROR: System error (termination: ABORT_MESSAGE_STATE)

I've already read the Note which talks about deactivating the browser check (~USERAGENTCHECK) but its doesn't work.

What beats me is that, how the same application work so well in 4.7 but not in ECC EhP6?

Regards,

pk

Former Member
0 Kudos

See transaction ST22 in the backend system, is there any short dump? It probably worked in 4.7 because the support for browsers was so restricted, Chrome didn't probably exist at the time. The system needs to detect the browser so that it can render pages accordingly.

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Samuli,

There is no dump in ST22. As I mentioned earlier, it works in IE8, so I can't imagine why there should be a dump in ST22.

I checked the Product Availability Matrix in service maketplace and here's what I found:

This tells me that Google Chrome is compatible with ABAP Technology for ERP EhP6.

And just to clarify, the 4.7 Version still exists and Chrome works well in there.

Regards,

pk

Former Member
0 Kudos

PAM gives only high level information about browser support. Chrome isn't supported for ITS according to SAP note 1655306. Since there is no short dump, you will have to use other means in figuring out where the Internal Server Error occurs. You could try to use System Trace in transaction ST01, reproduce and analyze. Another option would be to set a breakpoint in the ITS specific ICF handler and take it from there.