cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating a ChaRM project with two different domains

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone ever activated a ChaRM project with one logical component that includes systems in two different domains? We are trying to do just that for over a month now but have not been successful. See attachment for errors in the Consistency Check. (Apologies for the format; I could not upload an image.)

PRD is part of our existing (maintenance) landscape with DV1 and QA1. These systems are part of the existing transport domain DOMAIN_A.

With this project we have expanded our landscape and now have (for projects) DV2 and QA2. These systems are part of a new transport domain (using our SM system) DOMAIN_B.

The logical component for this ChaRM project includes DV2, QA2, and PRD.

We've run the gamut with regards to the RFC connections. There is also a message re: No exporting system for system PRD-100 in project 01_****_C1. We've created PRD as an external system in DOMAIN_B and QA2 as an external system in DOMAIN_A. Then we have linked the two domains.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shawn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

We have resolved this issue. Along the way we’ve resolved some authorization issues in all systems and now we’ve finally cleared the hurdle of activating ChaRM.

To summarize:

• When we first encountered the activation issue, one of our first steps was to link the existing transport domain (DOMAIN_DT1, for the maintenance landscape) with the new transport domain (DOMAIN_MT1, for the project landscape) and define external systems in both domains.
    • PT1 was defined as an external system in DOMAIN_MT1
    • QT2 was defined as an external system in DOMAIN_DT1
  • It turns out that defining external systems is what caused the conflict; removing their definitions resolved it.
  • It was only necessary to link the domains.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shawn,

We are also facing the same issue as you. i.e we are facing issues while we are activating Charm in Cross-Domain Landscape. We are on Solman 7.1 SPS 10.

We are having the Maintenance Landscape as IRD -> (IRQ and IRS) -> IRP in which IRD is Domain Controller. Example as DEV -> QAS -> PRD.

Project Landscape, IPD -> (IPQ, IPS, IRD, IRQ, IRS) -> IRP in which IPD act as Domain Controller.

SOD continues to be Domain Controller for Solution Manager.

We have maintained the Domain links between all the three domains. So for Project landscape, we need IRP which belongs to other domain.

So now as example, we have maintained routes between IRD -> IRQ -> IPS,  IRQ and IRS belong to same domain controller IRD and IPS belongs to other domain IPD.

We have followed the Note 1756014 and 1384598 for Harmonized RFC and has been checked that its working fine. We have all the RFC's setup between all the clients i.e. 000, 300.

We also followed you last post of not including IPS system in IRD domain controller and only having Domain links. But we still have error.  i.e. Message from function module /TMWFLOW/CHECK_PRJ_CONS: No export system for IPS-300

Thanks and Regards,
Ameet Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

That message, "no export system", indicates a TMS issue. In the System Landscape > Systems tab of your project ZMP2, run the System Landscape Check and view the Shipment Routes. We noticed here that our PRD-100 system was not displayed in the transport path.

Cheers,

Shawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for your quick response. True we are not able to see either, even after the harmonized RFC is corrected. What further actions we have to perform??

What further corrections we have to do in routes?

Please help.

Regards,
Ameet Kulkarni

Former Member

Hi Ameet,

You will need to set up your TMS so that transport routes are accurately defined. If the domains are linked you should be able to see all of the systems in your landscape. Sorry I can't be of more help; our Basis team did the work, not me, and they have not yet responded to my request on this topic.

Good luck!

Shawn

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

wlacaze
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shawn,

You activate Note 1384598 - Harmonizing RFC communication infrastructure in ChaRM/QGM ??

is easier the configuration..

BR

w

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wences,

We need to apply this note in our managed systems (DV1, QA1, PRD); we overlooked that earlier when we first found this note.

Any suggestions on how to test this note before migrating the fix to PRD? I'd like to recreate the issue in DV1 and QA1 but that would require changes to our TMS configuration (which has taken us awhile to set up) and has impacts to the existing system landscape.

I am trying to get the business to agree to moving the fix to PRD without testing since we're creating new objects (not changing existing ones). Understandably they are reluctant to agree.

Thanks,

Shawn

wlacaze
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shawn,

The Issue is that ChaRM check the full landscape when you Close and open the Maintenance Cycle, :-((,  and to start to use the Harmonized RFC you need to do that ...

Sorry