cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria 7.0 installation and configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can any one share how to configure Afaria 7.0. I have done the following.

# Afaria 7.0 installation with Enrollment server and Self Service Portal.

# Enrollment Code configure with tiny url.

Please guide the following

1. How to add a user in Afaria.

2. how to access enrollment server and self service portal.

3. how to add a device on afaria.

Thanks

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which version in Afaria 7.0 ,

With Afaria 7.0 you need to install all the relevant hotfix also

Any reason not installing afaria 7 sp4 version.

You can upgrade Afaria 7 sp4 from sp3 or sp2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am running with following version and will install the latest version if required.

Can you please share post installation activity to configure Afaria for a running environment

Thanks

Sunil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

as suggested i have applied the sp4 patch now. but still i am not able to figure out the followings.

1. How to add a user in Afaria.

2. how to access enrollment server and self service portal.

3. how to add a device on afaria.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Once all the afaria console setting completed . 1st you need to create Group than Policy than you need to link the group and policy . Than create a enrollment code .

3step.

1 . Creating group

2. creating policy

3. creating enrollment code.

2. Creating enrollment code , than you need to enter the enrollment code on afaria client.

Self service portal can url can directly open from device it will like( http://afariaserver/sp

3. once you enter the enrollment code on device it will do enrollment process once completed the device will be register on afaria console

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

Thanks for your reply.

Please share what are console settings. i think i am missing something.

1. i have created Group and Policy but the link option is not coming (attached screen shot).

2. while accessing the self service portal. i got prompt to put user name and password ( i also want how to and where create users) and the some error comes (attached screen shot).

Regards

Sunl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to click on group and on left side of the policy you need to check the policy whichever you want to link as shown in the above screenshot . Link unlink icon will appear on the top of the policy screen , you need to click link( note : if you select enrollment policy you cant view link and unlink icon , you need to create one policy for configuration).

on Self service portal you need to login the NT login id if you had configured the LDAP with afaria and if you no ldap configuration done you need to login with the afaria server administrator id ( service account id).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

i have created One policy and one Application and added the Group to Application.

# But the same thing is happening while i am running Self Service Portal. i am using username as 'administrator' as the server is in 'WORKGROUP'. but same error page is appearing

# i tried the second way

i have installed Afaria app on Android tablet. i have entered the enrollment code (which i have configured through tiny url). after that one user name password prompt coming. but again it is giving me 'bad user name and password error'. i tried by created one more user in Windows server.

any advise.

Thanks

sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

2 possible reason.

Try this:

1. SSP login should be either hostname/administrator try with this method.

2. I believe while installing iphone server component you had not unchecked the option windows authentication. reinstall the iphone server component and unchecked the windows authentication at the time of installation process.

3. in afaria console setting page security make sure to unchecked the authentication option.

4. You can also disabled the option from IIS webserver of aips windows authentication.

5. While enrolling the username password prompt will be service admin account it should be hostname/administrator.

Try this hope it will work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions.

i formatted the server and re install everything. now i can see the self service portal etc.

This time i have configured afaria with Active Directory.  But i am facing login issue.

# Not Able to login When i am using Afaria Service Account (Domain Admin itself 'Administrator'). its giving error 'Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials. You do not have permissions to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.'

i am sure that i am using the correct username and password (user@domain.com)

# While using anything other user i am able to login to Afaria but it says 'Access denied. No roles have been assigned to this user.'

any suggestion please.

Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The first login on afaria will be with service account , you can logout and re login on afaria console using the service account credential.

Try with the local administrator id

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I my case the service account is (administrator@domain.com).

how can i use local administrator account (actually it ask me to put user@domain.com).

please advise.

Thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Please confirm from which id you had log in on server , domain admin id or local administrator id

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i tried with Both users. domain and local user also.

in the afaria browser it ask me to put user name as 'user@domain.com'. please suggest how to put in the case of local user

thanks

sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Check with this hostname\administrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry no luck this time also. i tried with that also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try with domain\username ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i tried that also but not working. but when i am using any other domain user it is working and i am able to login and getting the 'Access denied. No roles have been assigned to this user.'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes that because you need to login first with service account id and than you have to assign the roles to other id .

Make sure when you login with the domain id you had to input proper value of the domain

Eg : abc.local@username or abc.com@username

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it should be only user@domain.com (not Eg : abc.local@username or abc.com@username) because i am able to login through other users by using user@domain.com. but as per your suggestion i tried both also (bc.local@username or abc.com@username) but no luck.

i got one same thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3458537 but i am not able to open the suggested doc  because my user id in sybase has not been activated yet (request raised with SAP).

can you please go through this and suggest if anything works for my case.

thanks

sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes its same discussion and same answer posted on site , you need to login with service account and make sure all the afaria services are running(API service).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

i manage to resolve the issue after contacting SAP.

the issue was with Active directory only. user logon information was missing.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Sunil

Answers (0)