Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small doubts in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please explain

1.What is the need for archiving/ What kind of messages are archived (Will Customer/Client ask us to archive particular message?)

2.I need an example of FILE --> RFC scenario involving Third Party such as SEEBURGER

(PS: I know the technical implementations. I just want to know a Business Scenario)

3.While moving SLD, IR, ID objects from DEV-->QA, QA-->PROD, is it mandatory to use a tool such as CMS/CTS+? (If I'm not mistaken we can do it directly by exporting them and import them in required servers/ By creating groups in SLD and export them. Right?)

Thank You,

KK,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

1.What is the need for archiving/ What kind of messages are archived (Will Customer/Client ask us to archive particular message?)

ans) with time the tables sxmsclup  and sxmsclur grow up in size, this affects system throughput. We need to delete messages in PI server and archive them in case we need them in future for analysis. More on this here

Data Archiving (SAP Library - Technical Operations Manual for SAP NetWeaver)

2.I need an example of FILE --> RFC scenario involving Third Party such as SEEBURGER

(PS: I know the technical implementations. I just want to know a Business Scenario)

ans)

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/FiletoRFC/BPM.htm

This is not with third party adapter by the way.

3.While moving SLD, IR, ID objects from DEV-->QA, QA-->PROD, is it mandatory to use a tool such as CMS/CTS+? (If I'm not mistaken we can do it directly by exporting them and import them in required servers/ By creating groups in SLD and export them. Right?)

ans) not mandatory you can use file transfer also.

Regards

Anupam