Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry exception

atif_bhatti
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been working with Agentry server smoothly but all of sudden my Agentry server has started to throw the following exception:

Exception: 20(Agentry3), NOServerUser(), agent\armsgs.cpp#620:ARBusinessObjectFetch::createObjects. [ from Agentry Administration Client]

I have observed that I get this message when I am transmitting via ATE, the applicaiton server is very slow often gets Session Timer for User: "USERID" ending [From AgentryServer.exe]. 

On ATE client I am getting error This client is not logged into the server(2).

I have not changed any config under ini files like Agentry or JAVABE.

I have tried to restart the server, I also reinstall the ATE client.

Agentry version:

Agentry Server Name=SMART Work Manager for SAP Server v5.1.0.0

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sand,

1.)  Why is the server slow?  Turn on logging for the Agentry Server to examine the server and user and java logs.  Figure out where the bottle-neck is during the transmit by looking at the logs and see if you can improve performance by speeding up the BAPI or your JAVA code.

2.)  Increase the timeout values in your Agentry.ini file so the user is not timed out.  Timeout values are in seconds.  Search for "time" and increase all timeout values x2 or x4 or x10 as required.

3.)  "Session Timer for User: "USERID" ending [From AgentryServer.exe" is normal and should be expected in the java logs.  This is not an error or problem.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

atif_bhatti
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your help.

1, Logging

It really helped me to findout the reason of one complex table not being populated. Have not check if it has changed anything but will observe in future.

2.Timeout

I have incresed the following timeout parameter under agentry ini config file.

[TCP Front End]

listenOn=7061

timeout=600

[Midstation Front End]

listenOn=7062

timeout=600

[HTTPXML-2]

authenticationCertificateStore=MY

authenticationCertificateStorePassword=

authenticationCertificateStorePasswordEncoded=False

autoDequote=True

baseURL=http://localhost:8287

basicAuthenticationPassword=

basicAuthenticationPasswordEncoded=False

basicAuthenticationUserID=

constantsFile=httpxml_sd.ini

enableAuthentication=False

enablePreviousUserAuthentication=False

httpConnectTimeout=60

httpReceiveTimeout=300

httpResolveTimeout=60

httpSendTimeout=300

listenOn=8287

name=HTTP-XML Back End

timeZoneName=

timeout=600

thanks

atif_bhatti
Participant
0 Kudos

Stream socket error !

The following error has been logged under Event log file

12/23/2013 16:15:43, 1,         2,        53, Thr       3660, ECONNABORTED, c:\syclo_buildbot\6.0\syclo\socket\win32/openSSLsockets.cpp#188:OpenSSLstreamSocket::SSLStreamSocket::checkSSLerror

12/23/2013 16:15:43, 1,         2,        53, Thr       3660, ECONNABORTED, c:\syclo_buildbot\6.0\syclo\socket\win32/openSSLsockets.cpp#188:OpenSSLstreamSocket::SSLStreamSocket::checkSSLerror

I could not find any parameter in Agentry ini related to socket or ssl.

Have you ever come across similar error.

thanks

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Not to step on Jason's responses but in case he is out this week.

The two timeouts you should look at increasing are

[Server]

inactiveTimeout=600

[ANGEL Front End]

timeout=300

The others you listed are not a facotr for this situation.

The ANGEL one controls the socket connection between the client and the server and how long it will stay open if inactive.  The server one relates to how long a connected user can be inactive before the server will disconnect the user.  Both are in seconds.

Hope this helps!

--Bill

nancy_burke
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This may be related to memory consumption on the server.  Check out:

https://support.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/1934657

for information to off-load application version files from the Agentry server if you are running production server.

Are you running on a 32 bit OS or 64 bit OS machine?

Also check the settings for Angel protocol in the “transmit configurations” section in the Editor.  If any changes are made, publish them and restart the server.  Also, you should clear the Agentry Client or ATE (deleting everything but the executable, the AgentryTrustedCertificate.sst and any dlls) before retransmitting.

Also this connection can still be lost due to insufficent timeout settings.  If this is current:

[TCP Front End]

listenOn=7061

timeout=600

This timeout is only now for 10 minutes.  You should increase all timeout settings found in the Agentry.ini to account for what you are seeing in the messges log file (note the times send/received for large record bytes) - it maybe that you need to reduce the number of records sent or increase the timeout to account for large CT records coming down to the server.  Restart the Service/server after .ini changes.

Nancy Burke

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Mathew

I see that you have spammed many threads with the same information.

This is a developer forum where one sap mobile developer assists another one.

I kindly request you to stop spamming and provide any specific technical insights that you can.

Thanks

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not trying to spam. I am beginner in syclo and trying to learn. I do not have much experience and knowledge about Syclo. I am learning using blogs, forum and websites help. I come across [XXX]  and found lot of information about syclo which might help other. I am trying to share information if it helps other.

Mc

EDITED BY MODERATOR

atif_bhatti
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nancy,

Appreciate your helpful reply.

https://support.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/1934657

Unfortunately the link is broken!

I am using 64 bit operating system.

Not sure where can I find the settings for Angel protocol "Transmit Configurations" ?

I like to share a finding, the socket error I was getting was becuase exception from a SAP class not sure what was wrong with the BAPI but now I am not getting the socket issue and this has made the transmit faster.

thanks.

nancy_burke
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Ok, good to know that you are no longer getting the socket error.  I'm sure that you have the transmit config set up correctly to use the Angel protocol (default port 7003) as you connect to the server.

Do you have access to wikki pages/kba's?  That's where you can find a wealth of information on 'errors' that you encounter.  Just type in the actual error to locate possible solutions.

Nancy 

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

atif_bhatti
Participant
0 Kudos

I have found that some of my SAP code was causing the exception !!!

I am posting that error so other can get benefit from it, if they come accross same error.

The Open SQL command is too long.

The WHERE condition of the OPEN SQL

command
you specified contains too manycharacters.

Remedy: Syclo standard code has open SQL not sure for what reason, and in our situation we have used the same and modified some of the queries as per our requirements. Check the query.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this timeout happening at the time of master data table download during the initial download?

If yes you might want to first consider checking if the query is still running on the backend and if the user session is still active in sm05.

If the above step yields the reply that the query is still running beyond the timeout setting then you will land into this issue.

Apart from the suggestions from Nancy bill and Jason. One important parameter is the sessiontimeout parameter that is set in the application Configuration in the /syclo/config transaction.By default tot is set to 20 secs. Try increasing it.

atif_bhatti
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

I found the parameter called sessionTimeout under Mobile Application--> Client Globals tab

te value is 20. I have not changed the value.

Not sure if I still need to change this global parameter as  I have already increased the timeout=900 under agentry.ini file.

thanks