cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Program ID in Type "T" RFC's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

Can anyone of you please try to clear my doubt what exactly is Program ID's in http type RFC in TA SM59

When I am checking any type T RFC in my PRD system i am able to see multiple type T RFCs but i am not able to understand what exactly is program ID in that connection.

In addition to that what exactly is purpose of differencet type of "Activation Type". What is meaning of each option.

Any help is appreciated

Regards,

SG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman/Rishi

My doubt is still not clear. I am already gone through the links provided by you.

My question in:

Say in my PRD system there is one type T RFC named "TREX_PTR" (PTR is Trex Server.)

Program ID           Trex_PRD_20091106222803

I want to know what this "Trex_PRD_20091106222803" is ? Is it some type of script on TREX server? or some sort of executable file? Where can i check that file physically? And how it set up communication between ABAP and remote server?

I am aware that the same program should be registered in gateway. But what is sequence of these communication? I guess now you can understand my question.

Similarly we are using TAXWARE to calculate tax which is 3rd party software. We have T type RFC for that also with some program ID. How can i check that program ID(executable/script) on that TAXWARE server?

Reagrds,

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it some type of script on TREX server? or some sort of executable file? Where can i check that file physically? And how it set up communication between ABAP and remote server?

PROGRAM ID TREX_XXX_XXXXXXXX need to be registered in the SAP GW and that communicates with a TREX Server process TREXRfcServer.To register the PROGRAM ID in the SAP GW (Trex_XXXX_XXXXXXXX) ,sap gateway uses command rfcexec. So you can say that these are names of the connection that remote system uses to communicate.

Once this process is complete then only you can connect.

Hope you understand this now.

Similarly we are using TAXWARE to calculate tax which is 3rd party software. We have T type RFC for that also with some program ID. How can i check that program ID(executable/script) on that TAXWARE server?

For this you need to check the config guide that would suggest to create what program id to be registered.

Check this.

External Tax Interface Configuration Guide - ERP Financials - SCN Wiki

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you register RFC server program on SAP Gateway you must assign it program id. After that registration you need to create RFC connection in SM59 and select activation type as "Registered Server Program" and specify that program id (from first step). You can create you own RFC servers or use any exists.

You should know the name of the program you are trying to register. There is no direct possibility to find out the name of the backend program which is associated with the Program ID used for a registered connection in SM59. The only possibility is to do a level 3 trace of the gateway to get the IP and remote number of the program that registers.

With this information you need to remotely execute a netstat and search for the pid of the program that is running on that port. With this pid you goto the ps command to get the name and location.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Can anyone of you please try to clear my doubt what exactly is Program ID's in http type RFC in TA SM59. When I am checking any type T RFC in my PRD system i am able to see multiple type T RFCs but i am not able to understand what exactly is program ID in that connection.

Establishing an RFC Connection from an SAP System - Connectivity - SAP Library

> In addition to that what exactly is purpose of differencet type of "Activation Type". What is meaning of each option.

Connection Types - Connectivity - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I dont think that you have program id in RFC http type(G).

You only have program id in TCP/ip (T) type in sm59.

about the activation type.

TCP/IP Connections (Type T)

Type T destinations are connections to external programs that use the RFC library to receive RFCs. The activation type can be either Start or Registration.

If it is Start, you need to specify the host name and the path name of the program that you want to start.

Activation Type Start

The communication method depends on how you select the program location:

So you need to select the option depending on the path where rfcor the program need to be started.

Can also check the below link.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/22/042652488911d189490000e829fbbd/content.htm

Thanks

Rishi Abrol