cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System error with status details as: HTTP Error:Receiving message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SXI_MONITOR , I am getting a System error- Restart not possible with status details as: HTTP Error:Receiving message.

Should i cancel this message using 'Cancel processing of messages with errors' button or shld i keep it as it is ?

If i cancel it, then what are the consequences?

Shown below is the screenshot of the error message:

Thanks & Regards,

Vinit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit,

Should i cancel this message using 'Cancel processing of messages with errors' button or shld i keep it as it is ?

Yes, you dont need anymore:

If i cancel it, then what are the consequences?

The message is lost and the endpoint will never receive it

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Thanks for replying...

If i keep it as it is den what are the consequences?

Thanks & Regards,

Vinit

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit,

The message will be stored (if it is asynchronous) until the system delete it, if you have configured a job to do that ((PI) Background job tests - Technology Troubleshooting Guide - SCN Wiki)

I think you need to analyze the error cause to avoid further occurrences. If you explain a little more your scenario, if the error occurs only sometimes, etc; some SCN member could suggest you something to do.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The message is of SYNCHRONOUS type.

QOS: Best Effort

The error occurred as the SAP ECC server was down.

Screenshot shown below describes the error:

Thanks & Regards,

Vinit

Message was edited by: Vinit Deshmukh

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi VInkit,

Obviously, synchronous messages never can be restarted, because the sender closed the connection when the error occurred.

In the future, if PI downtime is controlled because for example for maintenance purposes you should to put the sender channels inactive. Check Katlego Jack Mohlankana Maja's example to automatically

Regards.