Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user validity expiring notification should come while login by user?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I would like to know where and how to enable/setup to get the message/notification while login the end user with limited validity?

I am sure there would be possible to activate this option, do we have any parameters to activate or could you please let me know how to setup?

thanks for your suggestions..

Regards,

Suresh B

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope this document will guide you to achieve what you are looking for..

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-50952

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh

In my opinion , I do not think there is any option for notification for validity for users.

End Users have nothing to do with validity, even if the validity date for them is about to end.

Its only the administrators/security consultants who will have access to change the validity dates.

Note: There must a reason behind the limited valid period for users, so I think notification doesn't come in to picture.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

No, there is option to setup the notification for validity expiry for users. I have seen/noticed in my previous projects but unfortunately no idea how was it enabled.

Every company there would be combination of employees and contractors thus there would be case to give the limited validity to contractors initially and keep extending the validity based on their existence.

if the option is enabled, user get to know that before expiring user account (at least from 15 days/1 month) to contact security admin to extend the user account validity.

BR/Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to use exit SUSR0001 to add in custom code that will do what you want i.e. it could warn users that their validity is about to expire, their passwords will expire in x days, do both or simply wish them a happy <insert day of week here>

0 Kudos

Hi,

Good Day!

Do you have some sample code for password expiration notification?

Thanks.

Meo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Alex's suggestion is seems correct, there is no standard / configurable option where you can set or activate Alerts for user validity expiry dates however it can be done via custom code or InfoSet query and procedure that will send an e-mail with a list of users expiring in x days.

for this you need to check with your ABAP team to work on such requirements.

Regards,

Satyajit

0 Kudos

As the exit mentioned by Alex only applies to SAPGui based logins, I also prefer the option of a job which runs and gets the validity dates on the user master record and calculates the password validity and reacts to it depending on freely definable criteria in variants of the job.

That way you catch all "warnings" to admins first and only certain types of warnings to the user themselves about their password validity if it is not an admin / contract issue.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Adding to it :

we can user program RSUSR200 with Variants suites per requirements and schedule job.

Regards,

Satyajit

0 Kudos

Exactly. You can just submit RSUSR200 with list to memory release dependently and do anything you want with the results.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi,

just another hint:

Please, check notes 1793961 & 1656965 for automated actions according to the checks like in RSUSR200.

Best Regards,

Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope this document will guide you to achieve what you are looking for..

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-50952

0 Kudos

Hi Dayanand,

Thank you so much your rapid and appropriate replay, I will try to implement as per your document solutions and let you know if I can achieved.

Regards,

Suresh B

0 Kudos

Hi Dayanand,

I have implemented the component enhancement and it is working fine, Thank you.

Regards,

Suresh B