Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial Load jobs failing while loading cluster table BSEG into HANA

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need urgent help on initial loading of cluster table BSEG.

Below are the statistics of my replication activity -

My SLT version is 2011_1_731 sp 5.

BSEG table level statistics-  176779953 records present

Jobs in SLT

DTL jobs - 5

Initial jobs - 4

Calculation jobs - 5

My calculation of 9 access plans ran fine but my initial load jobs started failing and in application logs with a structure mismatch clause.

Though in load statistics tab it shows some records read but it shows 0 records in HANA Studio.

Please find attached the error screenshots captured from my end.

Kindly suggest if there is any way to carry out any repairs and resume from loading directly if possible.

Regards,

Saritha K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Saritha,

We are facing similar issue. Please suggest if you able to find any solution for this issue.

Regards,

Amit Tewatia

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit/Sathish,

I have overcome these errors by following below steps-

Since my BSEG had huge number of records and we had a limitation on the number of jobs,

I followed below steps-

1. T-Code - LTR-> settings mode-> initial load mode set to "Performance Optimized"

2. Suspended all heavy tables for the time being till BSEG started.

3. I did not maintain any filters as I always needed entire records to be replicated.

4. Initially kept the calculation jobs higher than data transfer jobs till my calculation for BSEG changed from 'S' to 'P' parallel mode and got completed and then changed the number of jobs to increase the data transfer jobs count.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Saritha K

0 Kudos

Thanks Saritha, Much appreciated! It will be difficult to suspend and resume all the tables till BSEG gets started. However, I found the problem for my failure it was due to filter condition specified in the DMC_ACSPL_SELECT table, I maintained GATING OPERATOR as AND for both the fields GJAHR and HKONT. Hence, it got failed. I restarted the schedule again, I hope it gets completes.

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

One more suggestion- Always consider the key fields of table for selection criteria. As per BSEG's table layout, G/L Account is not one of the primary keys. So please see if you could give any other selection criteria to meet your needs.

Regards,

Saritha K

0 Kudos

Hi Saritha,

Yes, I included GJAHR (Fiscal Year) as filter and it is part of primary key in BSEG.

Regards,

Sathish

dmitry_kuznetsov1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish, I am in a similar situation now, trying to filter KONV on one of the key fields (doc. number) by maintaining it in DMC_ACSPL_SELECT, but it does not work. Can you please tell what have you done to make it work on BSEG?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

Have you maintained the reading type as "5" in the table IUUC_PERF_OPTION table?

I maintained the parameter as follows in DMC_ACSPL_SELECT table (it's only for Initial load),

For Replication, I have maintained the event based rules to lookup the information maintained in DMC_ACSPL_SELECT table.

Please check the above steps and let us know still do you have any issues.

Thanks

Sathish

dmitry_kuznetsov1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sathish, firstly, thanks for coming back. I have, indeed maintained an entry in LTRS for table KONV

which translates to an entry KOCLU in table IUUC_PERF_OPTION. Not sure it is correct, though...

Since we are talking about just a load, I do not believe there is any extra coding needed in rules to do filtering (at least for all transparent tables it was picked up automatically).

By the way, I find it strange that monitor still shows access by "Primary Key". Feels like it does not pick up the right settings..

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

I maintained the table name as BSEG in LTRS transaction and it still shown as BSEG with Reading Type '4' as IUUC_PERF_OPTION table (Refer above screenshot in my last reply). We're in DMIS 2011 SP6.

I'm surprised like the automatic translation/conversion of cluster to physical table in IUUC_PERF_OPTION for KONV. I think that would be reason in your case, the filter is not working correctly. Please try to change table name KONV in IUUC_PERF_OPTION table, stop and restart the load for small set of data to find out whether it brought the right set of data to target (HANA).

Thanks

Sathish

dmitry_kuznetsov1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

you were absolutely right. Thanks a lot!

SK-EA
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Saritha,

Hope the above issue has been resolved by now. If not, please check if the below helps.

Ensure that all the 3 instances (SAP App Server, SLT & SAP HANA Server) are in same subnet mask. For example, 10.aaa.bbb.xxx & 10.aaa.bbb.yyy.

Even though these instances are in same network but different subnet, the data loads fail even after successful table creations. We observed similar behavior when installed SAP ERP 6.0 EHP7 on SAP HANA. The R3load jobs failed though the tables were successfully created in SAP HANA.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Srinivas K.

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas/Experts,

All 3 instances were in the same subnet mask when my load jobs had failed.

The log file created during initial replication for BSEG is showing structure of physical cluster of RFBLG whereas the target table created in HANAis of BSEG and this is happening automatically when I start with replication.

Please suggest if there is a way to resume from where it stopped or do I need to add any further changes and start with replicating again.

Regards,

Saritha K.

0 Kudos

Hi Saritha,

I'm facing the same problem, when I'm scheduling BSEG table, the job ran around 20 hours and it got failed. Is it mandatory to define the calculation jobs IUUC_PRECALC_OBJ for large cluster table like BSEG? I have not maintained the calculation job parameter for BSEG table due to extraction of small subset of data. I have maintained the filter in DMC_ACSPL_SELECT table for the Year >= 2015 and G/L Account between 'XXXXXX' and 'YYYYY'. So, here atleast one primary key being defined as a filter selection and the volume of record is less than 500 records. On the other table, IUUC_PERF_OPTION, I set the reading type of BSEG table to "4". Can you please let me know the steps to follow for BSEG replication?

Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks

Sathish