cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get search help for status field

0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I created one custom search help for status field but not getting searchhelp.

I checked foreign key relation ship with table - /RPM/STATUS and value table also these are fine.Help me how can i get search help for status.

Thanks

vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

So you have done all the neccesary links in table in transaction se11?

Have you maintained the Field Configuration (under SPRO --> Global Field Settings --> Define Custom Field Configuration. Under this setting for the relevant object type, did you link the relevant service? See screenshot below:

Let me know if this helps

Chatsworth

0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

Status field is standard filed,it is not custom field.

Thanks

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

Please provide more details. Is this for Initiative, Item, cProject? Have you added a custom status value to /RPM/Status via configuration SPRO -> Define Object Status Values? I am not certain why you define a custom search help for a standard field; the standard status field already has a search help? Please elaborate

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

I created one collective searchhelp 'YPPMH_ITEMSTATUS' by coping standard searchhelp '/RPM/SHLP_ITEM_D_COL' and added one elementary search help to 'YPPMH_ITEMSTATUS' it is 'YPPMH_STATUS'.Because i want to get search for items based on status field.

Below screenshots explains you both searchhelps collective and elementary.

Below sreenshot explains searching items using added searchhelp status, but not getting help option.

Please suggest me i am just using status field in custom elementary searchhelp.

Thanks

vijay

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

as far as I checked a similar case in cProject area, (item search use some common program for search), the dropdown list for status is hard programed using an internal BAdI.

You can try the following two ways, if you donot move forward:

1.  copy the data element /RPM/TV_STATUS_COMMON & domain /RPM/TD_STATUS_COMMON to your own one, and change the copied domain  in the tabl 'Value range' list all the possible values in the 'single Vals' area instead of 'Value table = /RPM/STATUS' . Adjust the search using the copied data element.

2. alternatively you can debug the method METHOD SERVICE_LISTBOX_CHECK CL_DPR_UI_LOG_SEARCH

why the current setting does not work.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo Wang,

Thanks.Your suggestion is worked.

I want to get search help for PARTICIPANT_ROLE field.

I created data element by copying domain DPR_PARTICIPANT_ROLE and assigned fixed values.Used this data element in custom search help but it is not giving search help.

Please suggest me how to get search help for this field.

Regards

vijay

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I am not sure, why it does not work, can you post screens of your search help.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marvinklose
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

You could also you some standard class, which do all the language dependet magic:

CREATE OBJECT lr_fieldservice.   DATA:     lr_fieldservice    TYPE REF TO /rpm/cl_common_ui_fieldservice,     lt_value_list TYPE /rpm/tt_value_list_entries,     ls_value_list TYPE /rpm/ts_value_list_entries,     ls_value_set  TYPE WDR_CONTEXT_ATTR_VALUE,     lt_value_set  TYPE TABLE OF wdr_context_attr_value,     lt_msg        TYPE rpm_tt_messages.   lr_fieldservice->get_dropdown_list(     EXPORTING       iv_object_type      = /rpm/cl_co=>sc_acotype_decision "may depends on your type       iv_field_name      = 'STATUS'     IMPORTING       et_value_list      = lt_value_list       et_msg              = lt_msg   ).   LOOP AT lt_value_list INTO ls_value_list . "mapping to wd table for set     ls_value_set-text = ls_value_list-description.     ls_value_set-value = ls_value_list-value_key.     APPEND ls_value_set to  lt_value_set.   ENDLOOP.     lo_nd_data->get_node_info( )->set_attribute_value_set(   EXPORTING     name      = 'STATUS'    " Web Dynpro: Name eines Kontext Elementes     value_set = lt_value_set    " Alle Festwerte eines Attributes mit Texten     ).

This works if you use a dropdown by key