Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change in customers VA02

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello everyone!

I´d like to know if anydoby knows the following:

I have purchase orders for sales, If I change the name of a customer (VD 02) in the master data, this change can affect to all purchase orders which have been created for this customer previously or the change only affects to purchase orders which are created since the modification has been carried out.

Does a transaction exit in order to do that?

Thank you everybody!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Change in Customer master will have impact on subsequent transactional document & not the previous transactional document.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi felix,

You can change the customer name, as it will be affecting the next order not the previous orders created, only address gets change in all the previous and new documents.

Reward if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I think talking about changing the customer name using transaction XD02. Yes, if you change the customer name in transaction XD02, it will reflect in all the documents created before and after. Sales order stores the customer number in the databased not the description. When you display the Sales order, it actually read the name from Customer master and show on the screen. So you are good to go if you want to change Customer name ( KNA1 - NAME1 / NAME2 / NAME3 / NAME4 ).

Let me know if that is what you want to do.

Regards,

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The changes will be applicable only for the orders created after the changes.

Reward points if useful.

Regards,

Sridhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regarding changing of details would be effective from the next order created. yes you have to exit the transaction and open a fresh window for execuetion of the transaction with updated values in the subsequent doc. Again as i stated earlier sold to party cant be changed after order creation but then the new customer details would appear in a new order created.

reward if helpful

thanks

adi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me see if i have got your question correct. You are changing the sold to party in va02 screen? right

well i dont think once subsequent document has been created you cannot change the sold to party, but yes you can change the ship to party. But then the taxes and the route would be redetermined. that again would depend if the delivery document has been created or not.

please reward points, if helpful

thanks

adi