cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please explain the occurance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you please explain me occuranceSometimes I get confused when to use 0..1,)..unbound and 1..1

It would be great if you can explain with an exmaple.

Thanks,

Sudheer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

In Simple word If I have to tell you :-

• 0..1:- If this the occurance against any element than it means:-This element is not mandatory.It can occur or it will not.Not mandatory.Remember But it cant occur more than once.Thats for sure.
  • 1...1:If this the occurance against any element than it means:-This element is mandatory.It has to occur atleast once.You can avoid this.
  • 0..unbounded:-If this the occurance against any element than it means:-this element is not mandatory.It can occur 0 times or it can occur number of times as per your requirement.If you want you can use it number of times as per your requirement.If you dont want you cant use it.
  • 1..unbounded:-If this the occurance against any element than it means:-It is mandatory element.It has to occur atleast 1 times but upper limit is not fixed.Depending on your requirement.You can use number of times but 1 times it is mandatory.

I hope you are clear now.

Regards,

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

Thanks for explaining this in simple words,

Regards,

Sudheer

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's really simple:

0..1 is an optional element that can either occur once, or not at all

1..1 is a mandatory element that always has to occur once

0..unbounded - least restrictive definition, optional element that can be completely ommited, occur once or more than once (in fact: any number of times)

1..unbounded - mandatory element, has to occur at least once, can occur more than once (any number of times, but at least once)

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Thanks a lot for sharing this info.

Thnkx,

Sudheer