MII 14.0 database connection error to MSSQL Server 2012
Dear Experts ,
I am trying to create a database connection from MII 14.0 to SQL server 2012
JDBC drivers are uploaded fine , when creating a connection, following error occured in logs
Unable to get a connection from the pool
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host 172.25.1.6, port 1433 has failed. Error: "Connection refused: connect. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.".
I checked that firewall is off
Following are the settings done in MII
JDBC Driver : com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
Server URL : dbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433;databaseName=test
Has anyone faced this king of issue earlier
Any help would be highly appreciated
Can you try below steps
- Open SQL Server Configuration Manager, and then expand SQL Server 2012 Network Configuration.
- Click Protocols for InstanceName, and then make sure TCP/IP is enabled in the right panel and double-click TCP/IP.
- On the Protocol tab, notice the value of the Listen All item.
- Click the IP Addresses tab:
- If the value of Listen All is yes, the TCP/IP port number for this instance of SQL Server 2012 is the value of the TCP Dynamic Ports item under IPAll.
- If the value of Listen All is no, the TCP/IP port number for this instance of SQL Server 2012 is the value of the TCP Dynamic Ports item for a specific IP address.
- Make sure the TCP Port is 1433.
- Click OK.
Also check telnet 172.25.1.6 1433 works fine.