Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut-over query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I had a query with respect to cut-over.

This query is for Depot sales.  The client has been executing standard SAP MM and SD processes in the SAP system but was executing the excise related processes like creating excise invoice, RG23D register maintenance, etc out of the SAP system.

Now the effort is on to bring the entire excise related transactions within SAP.

Since the inventory is already there in the system only the excise values against them need to be updated.  The main issue is the matching of the SAP inventory with the entries which have been maintained out of the system.

Once the inventory is matched I have planned to go for a BDC program to run the J1IG transaction to bring in the excise values into the SAP system.

Is the approach taken by me correct?

Regards

Shiv

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member182489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is my understanding correct

You have stock available in your Deport sat A-100 qty, B-50 qty , C- 300 qty etc .

For this existing Stock you want to update the Excise details as a cut over activity rt ?

Take the stock report in your depot -

Identify the Excise values to update - check with FI or CIN (its taken from Chapter ID - if no source work out www.cbec.com)

Now update RG23D registers with the BDC you have mentioned.

regards

manu

2 REPLIES 2

former_member182489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is my understanding correct

You have stock available in your Deport sat A-100 qty, B-50 qty , C- 300 qty etc .

For this existing Stock you want to update the Excise details as a cut over activity rt ?

Take the stock report in your depot -

Identify the Excise values to update - check with FI or CIN (its taken from Chapter ID - if no source work out www.cbec.com)

Now update RG23D registers with the BDC you have mentioned.

regards

manu

0 Kudos

Thanks Manu

Thanks for the reiteration.

Best Regards

Shiv