cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy to File scenario design issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on a proxy to file scenario. Proxy team wants to send all the data fields in one row separated by a delimiter. Is this possible in PI?

I will ask ABAP team to send the fixed field length data from ECC instead of a delimiter. How would be my PI data structure for proxy if proxy sends all the data fields in one string?

Please help me out

Regards

Veeru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi veer,

if proxy sends all the data fields in one string?

Then you can create structure as below:

<root>

<record></record>
</root>

And In mapping then you can use Substring function if  fixed length or go for UDF if deliminator

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gangandeep. But how about my structure at PI end.

Shall I configure like below structure?  and Proxy will send all the fields in one string..

<root>

<Record>

<Name1>

<Name2>

<Name3>

</Record>

<root>

Regards

Veeru

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Veer,

IMO if your final file needs an special structure you would only need to parse the message via UDF, with a delimiter  it will be easy (Split string with | separator in java - Stack Overflow)

Re.gards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vila. I have already completed the proxy to file interface. But ABAP team is insisting that they want to send all the data fields in one string only..

My questions is that shall I keep my proxy structure as it is and will apply substring function ( as suggested by (Gagandeep) in graphical mapping and generate a simple pipe delimited text file at teh receiver end.

Please suggest

Regards

Veeru

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Veeru - are they sending all values as part of one string?

Before you take substring how do you identify which field the value belongs to?

I mean if you have to 10 fields coming out of ECC, out of which 2 fields doesn't have any values(blanks), how do you apply the substring?

Is there any pattern? like fixed postions or separator between the values?

I hope you consider all these things before you impliment

Ofcouse,There is nothing wrong in sending all the values as part of one string.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Veeru,

In certain cases (especially: proxy to flat file with no mapping involved) this might help to significantly simplify the design. You can think of it that way: all the logic is on the ABAP team side you simply put into the file whatever they send you in such case, in file content conversion, you only need endSeparator attribute, because the lines are already structured as required.

Regards,

Greg