Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add entry to logon pad remotely

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

we are looking for a function, to add entries into a sap logon of user remotely or automatically.

What I mean is, sometimes we get a new system or the user should work on a system for what he is not having the entry at the moment and therefore we have to add an entry.

And that we don't have to do this manually on every pc, we are looking for an automatism.

E.g. an .exe file which the user has to execute and he will get the new entry.

Does someone now a functionality for this?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Chris,

For this, You need to install SAP GUI Server then you can manage everything via remotely.

Please have look at below docs.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-43075

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-33877

Regards,

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abdul,

thx for help.

However, for me it seems, as this tool is only for deploying updates and staff like this.

But I could not find, how to add single entries to an logon pad.

Do you know what I mean?

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

Its simple thing just copy the "saplogon.ini " file from your desktop to remote location.

Kindly refer the link SAP GUI Logon Configuration - Netweaver Technology - SCN Wiki

Regards

Sriram

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Christian,

If there are numbers of user in your environment then you need to make changes as per your requirement in saplogon.ini which exist in common folder and you can access this folder via

Run --> %Appdata%   Enter

and explore the common folder.

AppData\Roaming\SAP\Common

when you made the changes then you need to add the path of this file in the Installation script and when this script will run then this file automatically run and make the changes on client.

For Domain:

You need to run this script via SAP GUI server

For Single Client:

You need to run the script on client

For More Info: You need to check above threads which i shared in my previous reply because everything is mentioned there.

Regards,

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Christian,

Sriram's answer is basically leading you to the best way to handle this for large numbers of users.  You're correct, the Installation Server is indeed for deploying patches (and initial installs), but it also can introduce scripted automation when you deliver a patch to do various things on the frontend workstation.  One of these is to configure the "ConfigFilesOnServer" option (you can see this in SAPLogon Options, under 'Server Configuration Files').  It can be configured manually on the client, but the Installation Server scripts allow you to automate this configuration.

Once you have everyone configured to use a central saplogon.ini file instead of a local one, then you need only edit that one file whenever you want to distribute a change of server landscape to your users.  The change will be seen instantly with the next time they start SAPLogon.

The links that Sriram and Abdul listed lead to instructions on how to set up these scripts.  Basically, after setting up the Installation Server, you create a 'Package' that contains the SAPGUI components you want everyone to have installed, and then within that Package you create OnInstall and OnUpdate scripts to do things like configure registry entries.

Here is the script that I use, in the 'On Installation End' section, adapted from samples provided in the SAPGUI installation and administration guides and the registry documentation:

'Redirect SAPLogon to server configuration file but allow local custom entries

NwEngine.Context.Log.Write "Event:  On Installation End"

If NwEngine.Shell.RegValueExist("HKCU\Software\SAP\SAPLogon\Options\ConfigFileOnServer")     Then

NwEngine.Context.Log.Write "Event:  Deleting Previous HKCU ConfigFile Value"

NwEngine.Shell.DeleteRegValue("HKCU\Software\SAP\SAPLogon\Options\ConfigFileOnServer")

End If

If NwEngine.Shell.RegKeyExist("HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node") Then

NwEngine.Context.Log.Write "Event:  64-bit OS detected"

strRegValue = "HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\SAP\SAPLogon\Options\ConfigFileOnServer"

Else

NwEngine.Context.Log.Write "Event:  32-bit OS detected"

strRegValue = "HKLM\Software\SAP\SAPLogon\Options\ConfigFileOnServer"

End If

strXmlFile = NwEngine.Variables.ResolveString("%SapSrcDir%\ConfigFiles\SapLogonTree.xml")

NwEngine.Context.Log.Write "Event:  Setting Registry Value ConfigFileOnServer"

NwEngine.Shell.SetRegValue strRegValue, "REG_EXPAND_SZ", strXmlFile

Then, whenever I need to edit the saplogon.ini file on the server, I launch my own SAPLogon using a batch file with the line:

saplogon.exe /ini_file=\\<server>\<share>\configfiles\saplogon.ini

where <server>\<share> is equal to %SapSrcDir, i.e. the location of the installation server.  This opens the file in 'edit' mode -- you make changes, then close your SAP Logon to save them.

The result is that everyone gets the entries you create, but they cannot edit or delete them.  They can add their own custom entries to them, but they will always have what you deliver.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use a vbs script similar to that published by Leonardo Fagundes

Script Add an entry to saplogon.ini

You will need to edit the script to adapt it to the entries you required to add.