Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process QM Inspection lot

former_member208199
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Our Business scenorio having integration with WM,MM,PP,SD.

We are trying to understand that when we do perform TR(Transfer Requirement) to TO(Transfer Order)and Palletrization >> Prepare for putaway process through customized T code, one window is getting populating for "Process QM Inspection lot" if the stock is relavant to special stock "K" vendor consignement. If the stock doesn't have any special type then window will not be populating. We have tried to check the configuration part and master data relavant to QM and WM, still we are not clear about the setting why that window is populating in case of "K". This is happening for Only one particular plant, for rest of the plants, it doesn't populate the window though the stock belongs to Vendor consignment "K".

Can you please help on this issue

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Inspection lots are created by the material movements.  Since you don't mention what material movements you are using it's almost impossible to help.

It sounds like an inspection lot was generated.  Can you look at that inspection lot, and from that in QA03 you should be able to get the material document number that generated the lot.  From the material document you should be able to see the specific material movement (and any special stock qualifier), that caused the lot to be generated.

Once you figure that out, you can look at the material movement configuration and determine the inspection origin associated with this.

You then have some design decisions to make.  In the material movement config you can deactivate QM for the movement.  That is fine if you have no need to do QM for this material movement for any materials and never intend too.

Or, you can inactivate the relevant inspection type in the inspection setup for the material master.  IF you don't need that inspection type active for other movement types or processes.

Or you can copy the movement type in question to a custom movement type like 9xx, deactivate QM for that and train users to use that movement type in your processes.

Craig

former_member208199
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Craig for your reply,

As you said we have analysed the material document and inspection lot details, the movementum type for speccial stock GR is 101K nad Gr for normal stock is 101.

Our process is like Purchase Requisition>> Purchase Order >> Customized T code for making the GR(Goods Reciept)-Palletrization- Put away process.

Here there is no results recording and usage decision taking place in foreground. After completion of above steps, if we see the MMBE overview , stocks will be in Unrestricted consignemnt stock if stock is special type with K or stocks will in Unrestricted if stock doesn't have any special type.

Still we are confisued why the Process Inspection lot window ( this window contains fetures like Inspection lot details, palletrization details and sample quantity: having some radio buttons: 1Inspection qty remains in GR area, 2. Transfer qty to Inspection Bin, 3. Place quantity into the stock, 4.Skip TR item and one text box for Type and Inspection Bin).

Please help us out to undersand the reason why that extra window is getting populated when the stock is type of "K".

Thanks in advance.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.. I'm a bit confused. First, if all you want is be making a UD in the foreground than you should make sure the inspection setup of the 01 inspection type, ( I believe your getting an 01 lot for this since its a 101), is set up with "post to QI stock" turned off and "inspec. with charac." is turned off.

Also, since you are using a customized Tcode for the GR I can't promise anything is working as it should.

You also have me a tad confused about the "Process Inspection lot" window.   What exactly is that? Are you referring to the UD screen?  What transaction are you accessing it by?  Can you provide a screen shot for this?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Im not sure if I should open a new thread but since it is the same subject I figured I'd build on it.

Here is my situation: I'm implementing QM inspection on Goods Receipt with Ref to Outbound Delivery (Created from Stock Transport Order). So I am using Inspection Type 08 (Stock Transfer). Everything works great except for the Process QM Inspection Lot Screen. Please see screen shot below.

Now my issue is I do not want this window - it adds an extra step on the warehouse operators.

Is there any way to automate processing of Inspection Lot (I do NOT mean to automate Usage decision just the information collected on this window) so that the window does not pop up?

Thank You in Advance.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe you need to talk to your WM person.  You want to have automatic TO's set up for this process.  It can't always be done but it is more a WM issue then QM.

Craig

PS> yes.. you should have opened a new trhead for this. You can include a reference to the existing thread.  This does several things.  One, it's rare threads are exactly identical.  They may seem similar but they often go in different directions.  Two, soem people may recoginze the old topic and report you for resurrecting it. Three, some people my recoginize the old thread, be bored with it and not bother reading your added on part.  Four, some people may not respond knowing that since you don't own the thread, you can't award any points for their answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Greg.

This is my first post so thank you for instructing me on better use.

I will open a new thread in the WM space - Thanks for pointing me to the right direction. Not sure how to reference this thread but I am sure I'll be able to figure it out.

Just to make sure before I proceed on the WM side, I need to maintain their current process (which is manual TO creation). What I what to do is automate the Inspection Lot Palletization and Sample Qty so that the Window does not Pop-up. Please confirm that I need to go the WM side for a solution. Thanks.

I will also ask our WM resource and post his answer if it fixes my issue.

Thanks again and have a great day.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I still think this is a WM issue.  But if they insist on the manual TO, I'm not sure what can be done.

To reference an old thread, simply go to the old thread and copy the webpage address for it into your new topic.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the continual of this thread please go to the below new thread:

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member208199
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

One small change that has been observed is its not specific to the Plant, this behaviour is applied for all the plants.

Can you provide any guide lines on this is issue

Thanks in advance