Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC New Account request type issue

former_member187795
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are on GRC SP13. Having issue with create new user account request type.

1. Create User if doesnot exist applies for Change User action and Role assigment action. So this should not have any effect on New account request type right?

2. I have 3 stage path for New Account request type. I didn't maintain 2051 parameter. End user verification is set to YES in datasource configuration.

3.  Account validation check was not maintained in provisioning settings.

4. Created a new access request.

1. UserID: GRCTEST

Added Role: Test role

Request submitted, cleared all the 3 stages approval, but user was not created.

Error Message: GRCTEST user doesn't exist in the system.

This request type is New Account and i find this error message as irrelevant

One more query is, Adding the role while creating a new account request type. Is that Mandatory? Because only then i am enabling the create user for assignment action and user is getting created.If i dont enable create user for assignment action then my workflow is not working for new account?

Am i missing anything. Please suggest.

Regards,

Paddhu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paddhu,

Please check below note.

1698718 - Error in Create User in GRC 10.0

According to the note maintaining the setting Create user for role assignment action is mandatory.

New account Request type means - Create User and Assign Object. Make the role selection mandatory in EUP and enable this setting in provisioning settings. Then you will not have any issue.

There was one more discussion on parameter 2051 which causes issues if the datasource is not LDAP. Please check the below discussion.

If your query is to create a user without any roles, then just select create user action for New Account request type. That should work.

Regards,

Madhu.

former_member187795
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Actually this is the confusion i was having because, whenever a new user was being created system prompts me to add an assignment mandatory. Now i modified the new account with only Create User action and it is working fine. If i add assign objects, then i need to enable the provisioning setting for create user with assignment action in SPRO.

We are also authenticating users against our ECC system and 2051 paramter issue which was mentioned in the link is same for us too. Is there any work around? Or Keeping LDAP as data source is the only option??

Regards,

Paddhu.

Answers (0)