cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII 14 Cannot Find PCo 2.3 WSDL - Error while getting PCo Agents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm trying to create a Data Source in MII 14.0 for PCo 2.3 which is installed on another virtual server.

The port 50050 on which PCoManagementHost runs is opened for MII server (telnet is working between MII and PCo server).

When I give the URL - "http://<Fully Qualified PCo-Server Name or IP>:50050/PCoManagement" while creating Data Source, I get error message - "[C0000AE04068171100000007000013AC] Error occurred while fetching the PCo agent list; WSDL could not be found for URL http://<PCo Server IP>:50050/PCoManagement"

I can see errors in MII Logs Viewer like -

"Error while getting PCo Agents" &

"GET_PCO_AGENTS_LIST_FAILED
[EXCEPTION]
com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.connectors.PCo.webserviceclient.PCoConfigurationException: Error occurred while fetching the PCo agent list; WSDL could not be found for URL http://<PCo Server IP Address>:50050/PCoManagement
at com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.connectors.PCo.PCoManager.getPCoAgents(PCoManager.java:65)....
"

The same URL when hit through browser on MII server, it displays the WSDL schema properly.

Can anyone throw light on what might be going wrong ?

Appreciate your guidance.

Thanks,

Sumit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Participant
0 Kudos

We faced similar problem. URL works in IE but not when trying to create a new connection. We have MII 14.4 with PCO 15 patch 8. To solve this problem I went to another MII server that has PCO data server and went to System Management -> Configurations and exported the Data Servers. Then went to new server and imported just the Data Servers.  Now I go back to Data Services -> Data Servers and my PCoEdart entry is now in the list. However when I updated the values the status light was still red. Next went to Security Services -> Data Access and chose my PCoEdart in the list and added security roles SAP_XMII_ADMINISTRATOR, SAP_XMII_DEVELOPER, SAP_XMII_SUPER_ADMINISTRATOR and SAP_XMII_USER which was probably overkill just a bit but the status light turned green.  When time permits I will reduce roles one by one to determine which role is truly needed but this is how we were able to solve the problem.

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Try server:50050/PCoManagement?wsdl url in the config. Check if you have included "?wsdl" or not.

Thanks,

Swaroop

Participant
0 Kudos

Yes we had that. My full URL was this:

http://localhost:50050/PCoManagement?wsdl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

What is the SAP JVM version on your MII system? This issue seems to be caused by to a bug with certain latest JVM versions. We have faced simlar issue with JVM 1.6.0_65. As a workaround you can downgrade the JVM to 1.6.0_51 and PCo agent can be configured without any issue.

Regards,

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

Thanks for focusing on the JVM version of MII NW server.

Our Basis team is still working on it & I'll update whether downgrading of JVM resolved the issue or not.

Thanks,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are welcome Sumit. I am confident issue will be resolved after downgrading the JVM.

Regards,

Aravind

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

I am facing the same issue and from the above discussion I understand that I need to go for downgrading the JVM. Do you have any document or can you please provide me the steps how can I downgrade the JVM. I am using Windows 2008 server.

Thanks in Advance

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

I have asked my basis colleague to share the details on downgrading the JVM.

Regards,

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Thank you so much for quick reply. My mail id is in my business card.

[removed by Moderator]

Thanks in advance

Chandan

Email Message was removed by Moderator, Michael Appleby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind, Thanks for pointing out the issue on the JVM.

Could you please share with us the exact reason for the JVM to be faulty when calling SAP PCO?

Did SAP provided temptative release version when the issue would be fixed and did you created a support message for that?

Thanks in advance for you help,

Cheers,

Arnaud

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

[Removed by Moderator]

Thanks in advance

Chandan

Email Message was removed by Moderator, Michael Appleby

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Thank you so much for sending me the document. I am now following the same document and I will provide you update.

Thanks again.

Chandan

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

What settings are configured in MII System Management->System Properties: Proxy Configuration?

Does IE on the MII server go through any kind of Proxy?

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I've checked the connection with and without proxy settings but no luck.

Our network person told me that since the port 50050 is already opened, proxy settings should not be required.

I've few doubts -

1) Should the PCo application be installed on the same machine on which MII is installed ?

2) In case these two applications are residing on different virtial servers and at different Geographic locations, should the port 50050 be opened Bidirection ?

I've another point to add.

There is one more MII 14 instance on the machine on which PCo 2.3 is installed.

In that MII instance, I can go a step ahead & create PCo data server successflly (with the url - http://localhost:50050/PCoManagement) & it gives me the list of PCo Agents on PCo server. But the status of the Data Server is "Error" and that is related to "Authorization Error in accessing PCo Management
Service
" for which I've opened another thread -

So, when MII & PCo are on different machines, I'm is unable to fetch the PCo WSDL.

While MII & PCo on same machine, I can fetch the PCo WSDL & create PCo data server.

Is this related to network settings or certain configuration in MII/PCo that I'm missing ?

Thanks & Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit:

1. PCo is working fine with different server location, thankfully considering that this is one of the design principle

2. Port 50050, one way should be fine, but you should also open the Agent Instance query port of your PCO.

Then you should try the following:

1. Get the name (and the Fully Qualified Domain Name, FQDN) of the server on which the PCO is installed.

2. Edit the Host file (assuming this is windows based) of the Server on which MII is installed and add the hostname and the corresponding IP address. You can add both the server name and the FQDN.

3. Connect from MII to PCO using the Server name.

The reason for this is that PCO will return you a WSDL with names inside and not IP address, MII will then try to resolve those name, but if you are initially using IP addresses, I would guess that you do not have properly setup FQDN.. Therefore MII will not be able to point to the right server.

Hope it helps,

Arnaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnaud,

I've tried with FQDN (with entry in host file) and IP address as well, but no luck.

Since MII server and PCo server hosted on different virtual machines on different physical servers and locations, the port 50050 is also opened but it didn't work.

Thanks,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit, can you post the wsdl which is generated by PCO?

It is possible that the name used to define the server in the wsdl is not the FQDN, in which case you would have to also had this one in your host file.

FYI, I have no issue running, PCO in different VM/cloud etc.. so this should be working.

Cheers,

Arnaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

look for soap:address location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any luck.? Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnaud,

Looks like the issue is with JVM version on MII NW server.

Our Basis team is working on it.

Thanks,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

On what connection type you have created Agent in Pco

And make sure, whatever port you have mentioned in the agent parameters use the same in Data source as well.

Regards,

Praveen Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

The connection type id PCoConnector & the Port on which PCoManagementHost is working is 50050 and same is given while connecting through MII.

Thanks,

Sumit