Issue in Tcode SIMGH- Flat service generator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

While we are regenerating the flat service thru tcode SIMGH
->consumer adaption->Flat Service Generator . We are  geeting
additional fields to enter ESR Namespace, GDT namespace , Proxy prefix,
software component and its version as specified in screenshot which are
attached to this message. These fields are marked as mandatory.To give some background we got our DUET environment
upgrade from 1.0 to 2.0 looks like these are the new features available from
version 2.0  .

Before upgrade to 2.0 , we used to fill only the below parameters:

Development objects: almost the same parameters as in the Generate
Structures & Functions Modules screen, so might be
pre-filled.

The name/ID of the Web service being generated.

Namespace is required for non-local package.

The security profile (the SSO/Ticket).

Note : we don't have central ESR in our landscape to maintain our DUET services

Can you please help in filling the new fields .

Thanks,

Keerthi,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthi,

If you are using Duet Enterprise 2.0 and you do not have an ESR, then my recommendation would be to look into OData services instead of SOAP web services.

The SAP NetWeaver Gateway Service Builder (transaction SEGW) let's you easily create OData services. There is a feature to map operations to RFC or BOR objects or you can completely hand-craft the operations (also see this guide which uses the hand-crafting option).

Have you looked into switching to OData services for your Duet Enterprise implementation already?

Cheers, Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

We have already  upgraded and developed duet 2.0 WSdl's  using odata(SEGW) . But to some issues , Business is  still using  Duet 1.0 and they wanted to get on to 2.0 Services soon.So, In Duet Production system both 1.0 and 2.0 Wsdl's are running.

So , while  I'm re configuring the web services  1.0 wsdl's (because we have added a new attribute to RFC ), I encountered this mandate fields  issue.

Regards,

Keerthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthi,

Unfortunately all the tools for DE 1.0 require an ESR system to do custom development via web services. The additional parameters are for the ESR settings. The BDC Browser automatically fills them. You can find more information about this new development approach in our Self-Paced Learning.

If you don't have an ESR, maybe you can try and manually change the web service and the underlying RFCs?

Cheers, Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I tried manually changing the RFC , But I'm not sure how to  manually change the webservice .

The function modules(query, read)  underlying the RFC's are working fine. Can you please guide me

how to manually change the webservice. under Enterprise Services->service provider

Regards,

Keerthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthi,

As Alex mentioned earlier, the best approach would be to use the ESR system and regenerate your Web Service via BDC Browser (this was introduced in DE FP1 release).

You must have a ESR system as you have a currently running service.

Updating Web Service manually is a pain and very difficult (not possible via SE80 at least). You have to go to ESR system and them manually update the structures, then sync WS with GW system.

Better try BDC browser way, much easier if you have already used it.

Regards,

Advay